Mastodon | an Email system, but for Social Media

Author Topic: Mastodon | an Email system, but for Social Media  (Read 2289 times)

Mastodon is a social media client, not a platform. This system is revolutionary in the way that it functions. This system uses an up-and-coming protocol known as ActivityPub. Without going into too much detail, AcitivityPub functions very similarly to Email. Allow me to give an example.

Let's say you make a post from Mastodon on @ThisGuy@mastodon.social, someone who follows you from @OtherGuy@appdot.net can see this. In addition, your post can be read by clients other than Mastodon which have found keywords or are found to be actively liked/followed etc.

Unlike Email, following an account is not required to send or receive posts or videos.

Following recent events in which centralized platforms are now at risk of liability lawsuits, this system can steer clear of this as it is a protocol and not a platform. This system may be the future you see, and honestly, it's just really neat.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:00:50 PM by Master Matthew² »

it will die in some months

Well, that's the beauty of this.
Even if Mastadon dies, the protocol won't.

mastodon more like mastoDUMB

he needs that sponsor money to buy pampies
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:53:00 PM by Nix the Glaceon »

guys check out this new heart cybernetic implant. its called ArtHearttm and its inferior to a human heart in every way but if you ever need to fake your own death you can turn it off for a few hours and spook the morticians. in this day and age where the oppressive government is trying to oppress us gamers for watching victimless crimes like loli hentai and voregore snuff its really helpful to evade law enforcement!

clearly this is the next step in human evolution and not some stupid opportunistic and invasive snake oil bullstuff

Matthew develops an email system.

it's been alive for the past 4 years

tired of all these 'alternatives' matthew. i don't want alternatives. i want a better product. i don't want to join a group of dumbass arch linux FOSS worshipping conservatives who have gotten banned from twitter 20 times, and i almost definitely don't need an alternative to email, or whatever your concept of it is. stop advertising to us.

mastodon has been a thing for years lol. nicolas maduro has an account there you should check it out
its a v cool site but it's way too niche for most people

"hey guys heres a stuffty left wing alternative to the most handicapped website ever designed by man"

Nah, I'm good handicap.