Politics Thread 2? Who are you voting for in November? (USA Only)

Poll

Who are you voting for in 2020?

Annoying Orange
23 (28%)
Joe Biden (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
22 (26.8%)
Vermin Supreme
10 (12.2%)
Bernie, he can still win guys.
11 (13.4%)
The Meteor.
16 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Politics Thread 2? Who are you voting for in November? (USA Only)  (Read 17166 times)

congratulations, this is why literally no one should have a statue, no one should be put on a pedestal and celebrated, literally no one is perfect and should be immortalized with public funds on public property. there is no reason for it and it just creates a site of worship for dumbasses.

like i legitimately don't understand why the forget you guys are so attached to hunks of stone or metal. its literally just a shrine bro, what are you gonna do cry and stuff yourself because you cant wake up and go to the town square and kiss a slab of marble dedicated to George Washington?
at face value they are reminders of literal slavery. again, it being legal or defended by the state doesn't mean its right.

Sorry but this is beyond handicapped. People shouldn't be celebrated because humans are inherently flawed? What kind of dumbassery is that? We should just not celebrate people because no one is without sin? If someone cures cancer, we can't make a statue of them because we find out he beats his wife or something? That's loving stupid. I honestly can't wrap my around that kind of logic. No one's kissing statues you forgetnut. This is so dumb. Like it's just the type of stuff people say when they can't reduce the arguments to anything else. No one's cumming onto statues of George Washington. They're there because he served a pivotal role in the foundation of this entire nation. What are you loving smoking? Where does this type of reasoning even come from?

You're really reaching to justify this stuffforgetery too. It's exhausting. Reminders of slavery at face value? For loving who? I see a statue of literally anything and I go "Okay." I dont see a statue of George Washington and think "slavery". How loving indoctrinated in racebaiting bullstuff do you have to be to see that?

defending the right to own another human being as a slave is on the level of Riddler or stalin yeahcongratulations, this is why literally no one should have a statue, no one should be put on a pedestal and celebrated, literally no one is perfect and should be immortalized with public funds on public property. there is no reason for it and it just creates a site of worship for dumbasses.

like i legitimately don't understand why the forget you guys are so attached to hunks of stone or metal. its literally just a shrine bro, what are you gonna do cry and stuff yourself because you cant wake up and go to the town square and kiss a slab of marble dedicated to George Washington?
at face value they are reminders of literal slavery. again, it being legal or defended by the state doesn't mean its right.
If it's "just a hunk of stone or metal" why do you need it torn down so bad? Ya realize how easy it is to just ask you the same thing?

To me it's just a piece of history. Negative or positive, history is history lol
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 10:47:58 AM by Mr. Bones »

My favorite thing is that coronavirus changes it’s infectious properties to make protests safe, but other large gatherings unsafe. It sounds like a very kind-hearted virus.

My favorite thing is that coronavirus changes it’s infectious properties to make protests safe, but other large gatherings unsafe. It sounds like a very kind-hearted virus.
Virus is very inclusive.

Jokes aside though. If it's safe to protest, it's safe to vote in person.

assuming you're not hanging around the same people for the whole protest you're actually pretty safe, unlike a polling station where you're in an ordered line and around those people for the whole time

As a side not if you illegally take down a statue, enjoy your prison sentence.
the law is always right
the law is always right
the law is always right
the law is always right
 the law is always right

we can only tell our history through statues, unfortunately no other forms of media have been invented to keep our history for generations to come
this guy is spitting facts. they never built statues of Riddler around germany when ww2 ended so i have no clue who won :/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:19:32 PM by JumboMuffin »

lets get rid of racism and gety rid of coronavirus-19

Sorry but this is beyond handicapped. People shouldn't be celebrated because humans are inherently flawed?
yes, cult of personality is cancer and shouldn't be a thing. i will laugh at every loving dumbass who worships Washington or Mao to the point of having posters of them around the house and shrines to them in their town centers.
If someone cures cancer, we can't make a statue of them because we find out he beats his wife or something?
yeah pretty much
That's loving stupid. I honestly can't wrap my around that kind of logic. No one's kissing statues you forgetnut. This is so dumb. Like it's just the type of stuff people say when they can't reduce the arguments to anything else. No one's cumming onto statues of George Washington.
I'm sorry that you're so stupid that you can't figure out why a massive stone/metal shrine of someone would count as a tacit endorsement of who they are.
They're there because he served a pivotal role in the foundation of this entire nation. What are you loving smoking? Where does this type of reasoning even come from?
i honestly couldn't care less. statues are literally made to ascend people beyond mortal status as if they were better than all of us, immune to flaws. it's better that we just recognize that these people are just normal humans and not gods and not give them preferential treatment because they happened to do something good. (there is literally a mountain shaped like their heads, if this was in communist china or like in Stalin USSR, you would go batstuff)

You're really reaching to justify this stuffforgetery too. It's exhausting. Reminders of slavery at face value? For loving who? I see a statue of literally anything and I go "Okay." I dont see a statue of George Washington and think "slavery". How loving indoctrinated in racebaiting bullstuff do you have to be to see that?
i don't know if you are dumb or you are misreading my posts on purpose: i wasn't responding to you. I was having a simultaneous conversation with the other guy about why confederate statues are bad. thanks for extrapolating stuff i never claimed.

If it's "just a hunk of stone or metal" why do you need it torn down so bad? Ya realize how easy it is to just ask you the same thing?

To me it's just a piece of history. Negative or positive, history is history lol
exactly, they are just a hunk of stone/metal so it shouldn't matter for them to be removed if they (even retroactively) represent something bad. why defend them being up all the time?

They're reminders of the people who founded the nation.
i don't care if they founded the country or olive garden, no one should have a statue

i don't care if they founded the country or olive garden, no one should have a statue
i think i should have a statue, im pretty cool

John Stuart Mill is keking in his grave rn.

the law is always right
the law is always right
the law is always right
the law is always right
 the law is always right
Alright. Let's make destruction of property legal. No complaining when your house is set ablaze.

this guy is spitting facts. they never built statues of Riddler around germany when ww2 ended so i have no clue who won :/
Destruction of the statues is just insight to their true intent. Every inch they're given they go a mile.

It started with "it's just the confederates." And now we're at Washington and Lincoln. That along with the censorship and demonization on social media of particular people and historical figures respectively implies the statues are just a warm up.

I'll defend the statues. Will you defend the book burnings, digital or otherwise?

Alright. Let's make destruction of property legal. No complaining when your house is set ablaze.
totally what he meant ofc there's no false equivalence to saying taking down statues is equivalent to indiscriminately destroying property for no reason 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 yes of course there is 0 difference between good and bad things

just nitpicking at this point.