tlou2 scores are in

Author Topic: tlou2 scores are in  (Read 6361 times)

Here's the thing in the gaming industry, the initial sales number is bullstuff.

When they count "units sold" they leave out the fact that those units sold are actually retailers like walmart, gamestop, etc buying them. Because retailers have to buy them directly from the publisher in order to resell them.
where did you hear this or did you just make this up?

also donkey gave it a 4/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7OcL8j6rhk

Dunkey's review really hit the nail on the head. The story is not bad at all lol. The gameplay is super fun, so many characters are well made, and the amount of content in the game is outstanding. The only things I really didn't like about the game is that loading inbetween sequences took me hours for some reason. It took 2 mins, then 5 mins, then 15 mins, then two hours, then eight hours... like IDK what was up with that stuff but...

where did you hear this or did you just make this up

yeah you loving got me bro.

I loving made up retail stores buying copies as part of their unit sold figure.

I guess developers track that number down instead by individually asking all couple thousand walmarts across america how many copies sold. lol

I worked in loving retail.

Walmart buys the loving videogames from the source and then they keep 100% of the money they sell per game. They own it, it's theirs to sell.

They don't send money out to the source at the end of the day after they counted sales.

So of loving course retail buying copies counts as their units sold figure. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

Why do you think Gamestop is always pushing for used sales? They make a full profit off used games.

i feel like they definitely could've made the story work with joel dying so soon if they actually did it properly. at the beginning when joel plays on the guitar that "i'll change if I lose you song" that could've been like the main message of the last of us 2 story, ellie going on a rampage to avenge Joel, then realizing how she changed for the worse, but she definitely should've killed that abby bitch. the only way they could redeem the controversial decisions made in the story is if they made a DLC like they did for the original game but killing abby and ellie realizing who she becomes, changing for the better afterwards. not only would it be a decent character arc and add more meaning to Joel's death, it'd actually just maybe redeem the game, but only time will tell.
I don't hate the game nor praise it like the best thing in the world, being a long time last of us fanboy. I just disagree with some decisions made for the sake of subverting expectations, but definitely not a radical youtube reviewer calling the game, "the worst of all time"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 10:46:17 AM by Beyond Neptune »

i feel like they definitely could've made the story work with joel dying so soon if they actually did it properly. at the beginning when joel plays on the guitar that "i'll change if I lose you song" that could've been like the main message of the last of us 2 story, ellie going on a rampage to avenge Joel, then realizing how she changed for the worse, but she definitely should've killed that abby bitch. the only way they could redeem the controversial decisions made in the story is if they made a DLC like they did for the original game but killing abby and ellie realizing who she becomes, changing for the better afterwards. not only would it be a decent character arc and add more meaning to Joel's death, it'd actually just maybe redeem the game, but only time will tell.
I don't hate the game nor praise it like the best thing in the world, being a long time last of us fanboy. I just disagree with some decisions made for the sake of subverting expectations, but definitely not a radical youtube reviewer calling the game, "the worst of all time"
^^^^^^

this is a good take

"What if we're the monsters?" is like the most tired and battered cliche in this genre and yet it would still be better than the garbage we got

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:18:07 PM by Nigel The Protagonist »