Author Topic: ‘  (Read 4907 times)

vs

gahh!! i hate having new content FOR Free..

wheres the update that removes phantoms

wheres the update for removing phantoms
it's called sleeping regularly

don't be a hysterical handicap. there's not much that "muh old nether aesthetic" can actually amount to besides old good new bad, that's hardly even an escalation

bruh, old nether like made sense, sure it coulda used more color variety but the new update is (afaik, i really ignore most mojang updates since all of them suck) literally removing more color so

the new update is literally removing more color so
Categorically wrong

it's called sleeping regularly
This mechanic disintegrates completely in multiplayer.

For anyone interested, set up a repeating command block in spawn chunks that runs /kill @e[type=minecraft:phantoms]. I think you can disable the "Killed x entities" popup with the commandBlockOutput gamerule
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 03:05:09 PM by Crook »

This mechanic disintegrates completely in multiplayer.

For anyone interested, set up a repeating command block in spawn chunks that runs /kill @e[type=minecraft:phantoms]. I think you can disable the "Killed x entities" popup with the commandBlockOutput gamerule
theres datapacks that add sleepvote to vanilla servers

yes i love when my dark and dreary hellscape with a sinister aesthetic randomly has a blue cotton candy forest for no reason guess im just cringe

yes i love when my dark and dreary hellscape with a sinister aesthetic randomly has a blue cotton candy forest for no reason
me too because having colorful trees like that gives it all a nice otherworldly feel rather than just Its Hell lol
...oh your being sarcastic

theres datapacks that add sleepvote to vanilla servers
The problem still persists when you don't have total control over what nights you sleep. In truth the phantom mechanic should be reversed, there should be benefits for not sleeping every night.

yes i love when my dark and dreary hellscape with a sinister aesthetic randomly has a blue cotton candy forest for no reason guess im just cringe
The warped forest is loving kino, it's probably the most unsettling place in the nether yet surprisingly subtle. This is an example of good dissonance, it's supposed to create the feeling of something being off/not quite right, the color plays into this. +The ambience is really good. The nether update did miss out on an opportunity to add some terrifying demonspawn to one of these biomes though, for all the tension the ambience adds it could use some actual horror

me too because having colorful trees like that gives it all a nice otherworldly feel rather than just Its Hell lol
...oh your being sarcastic
man explains why stuff is actually good

they coulda added a forgeten volcano or something idk, maybe some actual open spaces, maybe some cool dark spots, but no here have terraria hallow in the middle of hell for no reason