Author Topic: controversial statement s  (Read 32693 times)

your take is dogstuff, corpo bullstuff is an american thing and it having something to do with pridemonth is like saying the parasite in the fish is part of the fish.
if you do not have pride in the fact that you are lgbtq, fine, but you have no excuse. i will never not have pride or be that loud gay friend during pride month until i can loving. hold. hands. in. public.
until i can look androgynous without loving. being. publicly. called. gay.

im so happy for you that you have not experienced real life hate yet but its made you complacent, you need to be angry for other lgbtq members who may have even been beaten up for not looking like a man.

I've never really had trouble with holding hands with my male partners where I live
YOUR LOCATION SAYS DALLAS TEXAS
im not handicapped, you are deliberately avoiding an issue here
actually, being lgbtq and shunning pridemonth totally strikes me like a project with a classmate who contributes nothing
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:34:12 AM by Unimproved »

i can attest to this, as someone who lives directly next to there in fort worth, texas

your take is dogstuff, corpo bullstuff is an american thing and it having something to do with pridemonth is like saying the parasite in the fish is part of the fish.
And yet, I live in America, so I have to deal with this as an American. Like I said, these are my anecdotal experiences. Albeit an unfortunate side-effect, It's a facet of Pride Month (in America), whether it's a parasite or not.

if you do not have pride in the fact that you are lgbtq, fine, but you have no excuse. i will never not have pride or be that loud gay friend during pride month until i can loving. hold. hands. in. public. until i can look androgynous without loving. being. publicly. called. gay.
I wasn't stopping you from doing that. I just found it annoying, which is why I included it in my post, I said in the beginning of my post that these are my petty annoyances with Pride Month, key word being 'petty' meaning trivial. It's not like I screamed at my friends to stop being so gay, I love them all to the bottom of my heart.

im so happy for you that you have not experienced real life hate yet but its made you complacent, you need to be angry for other lgbtq members who may have even been beaten up for not looking like a man.
Thank you, I think I'm very lucky to live in a pretty accepting City in Dallas.

However, as I said, my experiences are completely anecdotal, I said as much in my post:
I'm also going to reiterate this is purely my opinion/anecdotal and not based on much fact, so don't start foaming at the mouth if you get hurt feelings. 
I also said that Pride Month in first-world countries pretty much operates as a way to counter-act prejudice, and that I even believe the movement is important:
Mind you, this is because I live in America where gay rights have made leaps and bounds and there's not much left to be done in terms of legality, only in counteracting prejudice. And prejudice is extremely hard to kill, and for some people it's completely impossible to remove.  I believe Pride Month is important, but it shouldn't focus on first-world countries or where gay rights are already being enacted.
I never said I didn't support the month, I just listed my trifling grievances with it, anyone can support a movement while also having gripes with it, they're not mutually exclusive.

actually, being lgbtq and shunning pridemonth totally strikes me like a project with a classmate who contributes nothing
Correct, I live in Dallas, Texas. Like I stated above I happen to live in a City within Dallas County that's very accepting and supportive of LGBTQ folk, and my experiences living here are anecdotal. I'm not 'shunning' Pride Month.

Overall, I'm sorry if my post angered you, but this topic is about controversial statements, and while I thoroughly support Pride Month, I do have some petty grievances with it that annoy me to an extent, that's why I posted what I said here.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 08:22:09 AM by bloody jumper »

i will never not have pride or be that loud gay friend during pride month until i can loving. hold. hands. in. public.

pride month hurts that lamof, you guys have rights already and shoving your beliefs down people's throats just make them hate you.

Overall, I'm sorry if my post angered you,
it didnt, i just think its high key stupid. keep bringing up dallas btw, im from utrecht. im not responding further simply because the way your formatted your post unmotivates me from talking to you at all
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 10:04:35 AM by Unimproved »

it didnt, i just think its high key stupid. keep bringing up dallas btw, im from utrecht. im not responding further simply because the way your formatted your post unmotivates me from talking to you at all
That's a shame, I formatted it so it would be easier to read. Also I will continue to bring up my County as long as it's appropriate, I like it here.

feels like hes being particularly reasonable - what about his post makes it so difficult to respond to? does it bother you that much he has petty annoyances with pride month?

here goes: i think maps were ugly and their removal wasn't really that much of a bad thing

if you do not have pride in the fact that you are lgbtq, fine, but you have no excuse. i will never not have pride or be that loud gay friend during pride month until i can loving. hold. hands. in. public.

What part of "keeping it to the bedroom" do you people not understand? Keep it out of the public space. People don't need to see you going at it with your partner. This goes for straight couples too. Have some damn decency.

scientific proof that unimproved is an angry rabies-ridden handicap who wants to win a non-existent argument

here goes: i think maps were ugly and their removal wasn't really that much of a bad thing
PREACH

regional variants in pokemon are ruining the series

no matter what state in the US you live in, the difference of lgbt acceptance is very black or white depending on if you live within a large metropolitan area or almost-rural areas.

no matter what state in the US you live in, the difference of lgbt acceptance is very black or white depending on if you live within a large metropolitan area or almost-rural areas.
this is another reason why i believe pride month is stoopid stuff, preaching to the choir and all that

this is another reason why i believe pride month is stoopid stuff, preaching to the choir and all that
huh