Author Topic: Tron 2.0  (Read 2482 times)

If you ever watched the original cult classic Disney film "TRON" Then you would like this
It is a third-person shooter at most parts of game, But soon enough you will get other things to do, like play light cycles :D
There is a demo on the Internet if you want to play it, it is a recommended game but sadly the advertising was so low, not many people even know it existed!

Quote from: GreatGameloveperiment
Tron 2.0 - Buena Vista Interactive

Twenty years have passed since Kevin Flynn defeated the MCP with the help of his Tron program. In doing so, he also destroyed the technology he'd used to digitize himself. He's long since left ENCOM in the hands of Alan Bradley, who is raising a family of his own.

Now ruthless global corporate powers want to send humans into the digital realm once more in order to control world finances, and only Alan knows the answer to perfecting their faulty code. Alan encrypted his secrets in time to prevent their theft, but now he's been kidnapped, and the search for the code is on.

You enter the fray as Jet Bradley, Alan's brilliant but rebellious son, who finds himself enlisted by Ma3a to fight the now viral corporate security officer within the digital realm and prevent global domination.

The Tron series of games are based upon the 1982 Walt Disney movie of the same name, beginning with a Tron arcade game and arcade sequel. Tron 2.0 is the first game of the series to be produced for the PC, and subsequently was released for Mac. A related title, "Tron 2: Killer App" was later released for the Xbox, but with significantly altered content.

Additional Game Features:

* Single player campaign entirely in the digital realm (excepting some cutscenes) immersing you into story-driven, first-person action.
    * As Jet Bradley you will combat digital opponents using guns, rods, grenades, missiles, and the iconic TRON disc, gaining abilities and new weapons as you overcome various challenges to go deeper into the system.
    * Defrag and disinfect your inventory or live with the unpleasant consequences (You're in a computer after all!)
    * Intense action, intense and deadly battles, and the trademark high-speed light cycle races, featuring a new light cycle design by Syd Mead, who developed the cycles for the original film.
    * Musical score by Wendy Carlos, the composer of the original Tron film score.
    * Vocal performers include Bruce Boxleitner, Rebecca Romijn, Ken Boynton, Cindy Morgan and many more, and featuring Jason Cottle as the voice of Jet Bradley.
    * Multiplayer includes some campaign scenarios and light cycle mode.
    * Rendered with the Lithtech Triton engine (specially enhanced version of their Jupiter engine)

Developer: Monolith Productions
Publisher: Buena Vista Interactive
Designer: Frank Rooke
Released: August 26, 2003 for the PC, April 21, 2004 for the Mac.

Minimum System Requirements
WIndows: 500 MHz CPU, 256 MB RAM, 2.4 GB hard disk space, 32 MB GPU
Mac: 700 MHz G4, Mac OS X 10.2.8, 256 MB RAM, 32 MB GPU, 2.5 GB disk space

Thank you for explaining more,Spation
I didnt want to make such a big post

In my opinion the movie TRON is horrible. I fell asleep watching it.

I remember glitching myself in the game for Xbox, I killed a civilian, and saved the game, and every time I went into the save file, the guy would die, And I would get a game over.

This explains Kingdom Hearts II.

This explains Kingdom Hearts II.

A lot of those pictures also look like KH2. I might rent this game.

I wish in KHII you could ride the cyber bikes more.

Erm.
They are called light cycles, and also, This isnt the first even appearance of TRON, It was originally a 80's film that started the CGI revolution

Erm.
They are called light cycles, and also, This isn't the first even appearance of TRON, It was originally a 80's film that started the CGI revolution
K