Author Topic: Popular Twitch Streamer Reckful Has Passed Away Today  (Read 1881 times)

stop misinterpreting my definition of self-diagnoser, i've made it pretty clear that when i said self-diagnoser, i meant someone who clearly does not have depression and is doing it because it gets them e-rep and sympathy. when i said "self-diagnosing losers" i CLEARLY meant the people faking it, jesus christ i've never went out and insulted anyone who said that they've had depression, it's a serious thing to say.

yeah and we're saying it's not worth the risk of someone taking their life because people were skeptical, or as you put it, "a loving critical person."
Clinical depression cases are rising, but that does not include undiagnosed depression and unreported cases (nor does it include Self Delete statistics), so to treat it with skepticism right off the bat is just stuffty. Not to mention that making jokes about depression is a genuine coping method. loving cancer patients joke about their condition.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 01:46:30 AM by Frequency »

yeah and we're saying it's not worth the risk of someone taking their life because people were skeptical, or as you put it, "a loving critical person."
Clinical depression cases are rising, but that does not include undiagnosed depression, so to treat it with skepticism right off the bat is just stuffty. Not to mention that making jokes about depression is a genuine coping method. loving cancer patients joke about their condition.
no stuff people makes jokes as a coping mechanism, i do it whenever people fail to understand what i'm trying to say irl because of autism loving with the way my brain thinks. obviously those who claim they have depression should be treated seriously, the point is that there was a time on the internet when so many people would put random mental illnesses into their bios and then bring it up randomly because it made them feel special and it has made a lot of people find it harder to see anyone who claims to have mental illnesses online without a grain of salt.

no stuff people makes jokes as a coping mechanism, i do it whenever people fail to understand what i'm trying to say irl because of autism loving with the way my brain thinks.

when someone makes jokes about them being depressed, my first general thoughts are about their legitimacy because im a loving critical person.

Well which is it?

holy forget the dogpile.

Well which is it?
idk both? i can have general thoughts about something from multiple angles before making a conclusion, it's called critical thinking. if that isn't good enough for you then idk what else i can give you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 02:13:49 AM by Nigel The Protagonist »

idk both? i can have general thoughts about something from multiple angles before making a conclusion, it's called critical thinking. if that isn't good enough for you then idk what else i can give you.
bruh did you seriously just suggest that people can look at things from both perspectives and come to a general conclusion? forget collegial thinking, all my homies HATE collegial thinking.

idk both? i can have general thoughts about both sides before making a conclusion, it's called critical thinking. if that isn't good enough for you then idk what else i can give you.

You're deciding to contradict yourself? Here's some food for thought for your next bout of mental gymnastics:

just look at how mental patients were treated before the 90s and autism research before 2015. this along with the self-diagnosing losers basically making it harder for people who actually suffer from depression to get anyone to care.

You acknowledge the mistreatment of mental health patients and then you speak in terms that questions the legitimacy of potential cases. Where's the critical thinking in that?

nigel worded it poorly but he has a point about how narcissists and the like sometimes use mental illness as a way to draw attention to themselves and making people not be as attentive to warning signs as much or whatever.

that said, its better to be worried about someone faking it (false positive) than judging someone as faking it too quickly and then risking them spiraling further down (false negative). in the worst-case-scenario, the former results in wasted time and the latter results in a dead person.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:05:57 AM by Conan »

first of all no it isn't. secondly no it isn't again. a doctor doesn't have to say something for it to be true. doctors regularly misdiagnose their patients, especially women. not everyone can afford care, and they certainly don't need to do so for the grand privilege of having Nigel The Protagonist on the blockland forum finally consider their condition Real. have you ever taken someone's condition less seriously because someone else said they had that condition and you believed them to be lying? if so, ur an starfish, and also that's like, your problem, not either of theirs

the solution to making people take mental illness seriously isn't to rag on people with mental illnesses that you personally consider illegitimate. it starts with not making (and not consuming) media that portrays them negatively or inaccurately and even more importantly with openly taking them seriously yourself and calling your peers on it when they make jokes or say something stupid about them, even in private
i never said that i didn't believe anyone because of self-diagnosers. the point i was trying to make about self-diagnosers was that it makes it harder for anyone to take them seriously, as in people are DOWNPLAYING it as either "oh they're just being dramatic and mopey" or "they're probably just doing it for attention", and when someone makes jokes about them being depressed, my first general thoughts are about their legitimacy because im a loving critical person.

the primary reason why i mention the people self-diagnosers is because it's the same mental impact as people who falsely accuse others of rape--once one person does it and forgets over some innocent person, it's much harder to hear about actual legit accusations without thinking in the back of your head: "this person is probably doing it for attention/malicious reasons". I never once said that i would berate anyone who i think is faking their depression. however, people are STILL going to do it and for that reason it makes it even worse for those who actually have it because hateful people are going to exist no matter how much you don't want them to.
you say this until your self-diagnoser winds up dead because nobody took them seriously and everyone went out of their way to invalidate their very real mental issues. anyone who is consistently sad for more than two weeks and/or has thoughts of harming themselves or others is legally depressed, regardless of whether a doctor diagnosed them or they diagnosed themselves.
Clinical depression cases are rising, but that does not include undiagnosed depression and unreported cases (nor does it include Self Delete statistics), so to treat it with skepticism right off the bat is just stuffty. Not to mention that making jokes about depression is a genuine coping method. loving cancer patients joke about their condition.
You're deciding to contradict yourself? Here's some food for thought for your next bout of mental gymnastics:

You acknowledge the mistreatment of mental health patients and then you speak in terms that questions the legitimacy of potential cases. Where's the critical thinking in that?
holy forget the dogpile.

bruh did you seriously just suggest that people can look at things from both perspectives and come to a general conclusion? forget collegial thinking, all my homies HATE collegial thinking.
nigel worded it poorly but he has a point about how narcissists and the like sometimes use mental illness as a way to draw attention to themselves and making people not be as attentive to warning signs as much or whatever.

that said, its better to be worried about someone faking it (false positive) than judging someone as faking it too quickly and then risking them spiraling further down (false negative). in the worst-case-scenario, the former results in wasted time and the latter results in a dead person.
*Squints* Wait a minute... *Steampunk telescope goggles zoom in on the thread*

*Type writer noises*

~ - - SCAN REPORT - - ~
【 ! BAIT REPLY ! 】FOXSCOTCH - INTENTIONALLY FEIGNING IGNORANCE; DEFAULT BEHAVIOR.
【 ! BAIT REPLY ! 】NIGEL THE PROTAGONIST - APPEARS TO NOT BE AWARE OF WHO IS REPLYING TO HIM; POSSIBLY handicapped.
【 ? ERROR ? 】ENERGY SIGNATURE - transmission.
【 BOARD 】OFF-TOPIC.
- -
【 SCORE 】FIVE STAR: AVOID REPLY ADVISED! SPEND YOUR TIME ELSEWHERE!

Huh... *Goggles retract*... it appears... to be method trolling... Stay on your toes...

*Squints* Wait a minute... *Steampunk telescope goggles zoom in on the thread*

*Type writer noises*

~ - - SCAN REPORT - - ~
【 ! BAIT REPLY ! 】FOXSCOTCH - INTENTIONALLY FEIGNING IGNORANCE; DEFAULT BEHAVIOR.
【 ! BAIT REPLY ! 】NIGEL THE PROTAGONIST - APPEARS TO NOT BE AWARE OF WHO IS REPLYING TO HIM; POSSIBLY handicapped.
【 ? ERROR ? 】ENERGY SIGNATURE - transmission.
【 BOARD 】OFF-TOPIC.
- -
【 SCORE 】FIVE STAR: AVOID REPLY ADVISED! SPEND YOUR TIME ELSEWHERE!

Huh... *Goggles retract*... it appears... to be method trolling... Stay on your toes...
i shouldn't have laughed at this, it's not funny forget