Car Thread v2

Author Topic: Car Thread v2  (Read 14278 times)

Completed my first ever big purchase today - a new car! I got a 2014 Challenger R/T. It's been modified with a hellcat hood (or old hellcat hood I should say), corsa cold air intake, and a new exhaust. Dealership rated it at 390HP, torque unknown, but stock these things came with 410lb of torque so it may be more like 415? Hard to say, I'd need a dyno.

Unfortunately, do not know the exact exhaust previous owner used. Comes complete with the leather seat package, sunroof, blacktop, sports package, and the handling package with the brembos and (I believe?) sportier suspension. Interesting exhaust note, sounds like a Viper engine tbh with the exhaust setup it has - a little droney on the highway but I like the sound. Has keyless entry/remote start/backup camera, the works. Needs a good car wash, might need an alignment (relatively cheap so I don't mind). Previous owners babied it, extensive carfax report shows regular oil changes and it has had complete fluid flushes a couple times. Guaranteed no lemon and all that. Has a minor scrape on the left rear and on the trunk has a few small circular dings, looks like hail damage? Can't see them unless you look at the car up close. Very minor paint chipping. In all I paid 17k, with 6k down. Carfax valued at 21-22k. 91k miles. As someone who's into old school cars and their looks, this thing looks loving BADASS imo

As someone who's never really got to be in muscle/sports cars, driving this thing blew me away. Threw on sports mode and gave it like 80% throttle and I felt like I was on a forgetin rocketship lol, kicked me back in the seat and all. Kinda feels like I'm driving a truck, can feel the weight but I got used to it. Soaks up bumps well. Visibility is solid, seat pillars are a little big but I'm used to looking over my shoulder when changing lanes anyway because they're big in my Cadillac Deville too. More than enough power for me and very fun! I'm so happy.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 12:10:22 AM by Mr. Bones »

The hood is dirtier than stuff and I've no clue why, ran it through two carwashes and paid for the premium/best wash and it's still covered in black stuff - and no it's not the paint rubbing off. It's almost like soot or something, or grime you'd find under the hood of an old car. Gonna need to handwash it

I strongly considered getting an EJ8 a few years ago, even the sedan is part of the best looking generation of civic for sure, will you be keeping the custom paint job?

I strongly considered getting an EJ8 a few years ago, even the sedan is part of the best looking generation of civic for sure, will you be keeping the custom paint job?
car has too many issues to fix before a repaint. but it's so hilariously bad i almost like it.

maybe itasha yellow in the future

why do American cars with v8's or v-whatever kick out so little power, like 200bhp then some glorious Japanese 1.6 displacement motor can kick out just about the same, even if its naturally aspirated? are Americans really that fat that the car is almost as heavy as them or something?

i bought another civic

don't you dare ever repaint it, do a stuffload of clearcoat and gloss it

why do American cars with v8's or v-whatever kick out so little power, like 200bhp then some glorious Japanese 1.6 displacement motor can kick out just about the same, even if its naturally aspirated? are Americans really that fat that the car is almost as heavy as them or something?
v8's be choked cus fuel economy and emissions

What American cars are you talking about? If you're talking sports cars, most of them kick out a ton of power. Like my RT is considered low on the American engine powerscale, and that's kicking out 390HP and 430 lb. torque - which is a decent amount.

A weak V8 that's American that comes to mind immediately are C5 corvettes and older, but, those are old cars. I can't think of any modern American car, with a V8, that isn't at least close to 300HP. Cheapest brand new American sports car, and I'm not talking cheap bullstuff I mean actual sports car, I can think of is the Camaro LT1 - but that comes with a V8 with like 450HP. GT's aren't that expensive either, and those come with 460. And the actual lowest tier models for the big three (challenger/charger, mustang, camaro) even these come with 300 or so HP, at least the chally does.

v8's be choked cus fuel economy and emissions
During the oil crCIA they were, nowadays doesn't seem to be too much the case unless you're in like California. I could be wrong though.

Hello I bought a car with very good apex seals very good! they are very good do not ask about my apex seals (they are very good),

Also coupe civ in back for very cheap that burns more oil than rotary very cool!

During the oil crCIA they were, nowadays doesn't seem to be too much the case unless you're in like California. I could be wrong though.
it's still the case big time