Supreme Court gives half of oklahoma away.

Poll

Who's gonna invade when the US Eventually Collapses?

Russia
2 (14.3%)
The Soviet Union (I thought these guys broke up?)
1 (7.1%)
China
1 (7.1%)
North Korea
0 (0%)
Mexico
1 (7.1%)
Canada
0 (0%)
Ourselves
5 (35.7%)
The Aliens
1 (7.1%)
God himself begging us to stop
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Supreme Court gives half of oklahoma away.  (Read 1722 times)

heyyya huh, heyyya huh, amerimutts cucked!

i dont give enough of a stuff to read the article but as long as nobodys living on the land thats being sold im balling
im probably dead wrong tho

i dont give enough of a stuff to read the article but as long as nobodys living on the land thats being sold im balling
im probably dead wrong tho
Absolutely not. It's got tons and tons of people one it. Somewhere in the millions.

This whole case started as someone suing saying that the state couldn't legally enforce the law.

nobody gave stuff away homedog. the article is very clear about this being land that belonged to the muscogee people in the first place according to treaties that the state of oklahoma seemingly chose to ignore

whats your problem with this

the real big surprise is that a US body is actually acknowledging and respecting a treaty made with indigenous peoples

can we just get an f for the millions of people who are now homeless/forced into being indian/whatever

can we just get an f for the millions of people who are now homeless/forced into being indian/whatever
damn.... can't believe that people have to be tried on tribal courts instead of civil court now.... must suck....

did you even read
It's important to note that the case concerned jurisdiction, not land ownership.

Ruling that these lands are in fact reservations "doesn't mean the tribe owns all the land within the reservation, just like the county doesn't own all the land within the county. In fact, it probably doesn't own very much of that land," Washburn explained. "That's not what a reservation is these days."

Washburn compares a reservation to a county — terms that describe jurisdictional boundaries.

Good thing I'm Native American

oh hey this is pretty nice we're actually honoring our treaties

when ur this stupid you specifically deserve to get your land taken away