Author Topic: what determines these scheduled downloads in steam?  (Read 1085 times)

im just curious like why is my prison architect update scheduled all the way in august? why is the time so random. 03:47?

the whole steam client is handicapped. Its basically glorified chrome from ten years ago. Atleast on windows

it probly tries to schedule times that it expects you to be inactive (either bc of ur time zone or it records your habits who knows), so like in the middle of the night, and then chooses a random time within that range because if it scheduled them on the hour or something then hundreds of thousands of people would certainly end up downloading updates at the exact same time which would be awful for their servers

also according to this page it gives later schedules to games that haven't been played in a while
the whole steam client is handicapped. Its basically glorified chrome from ten years ago. Atleast on windows
im sorry but just what in the name of god do you think chrome is
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:44:19 PM by Foxscotch »

game library and communication device = search engine

please don't say anything remotely resembling agreement with something I've said. it will make me look bad

please don't say anything remotely resembling agreement with something I've said. it will make me look bad
ok sure bro

ay shut up big home

-snop-
Steam is a chromium based browser at heart. That's how the marketplace and store works.
Googles chrome browser is mostly identical to chromium just without google account integration. That is what I meant.

Granted the library is not, so in that way I can see how my post was off-topic.

This is the most handicapped thing I think I've read in a while.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:45:45 AM by c[_] »