How do you relieve stress?

Author Topic: How do you relieve stress?  (Read 4311 times)

stretching, exercising, reading books (if ican), watching cartoons

I write, I'm working on D&D campaign right now. It's not finished by any stretch but the background and gods are there. I also write backstories for my PC's, that get a lot of praise. I really don't think they're that good, but it means a lot when someone says that they love it.
This used to be it for me, but then I started putting giant expectations on myself, scrapping things because they weren't perfect, and then not having enough done to actually run anything when it came to game night. I used to be the GM for my friends, but now I just play in other campaigns.

i dont think i do to be frank

this comment caught me off guard for a moment because honestly for the past half year, videogames have both been a place for relaxation, but also, for the most part, completely not.
i can show you what i mean really easily:

now doesnt that look like some good relaxation?

grinding league tokens just aint worth it if thats for league

i dont think i do to be frank

I think I'm at that point

Sometimes I drive? Sometimes I sleep? Mostly it just festers

expressing my insecurities physically upon my significant other and/or our children. my daddy says its the second best way to relieve stress, after jack daniels

put hamilton songs at 200% and drive for a while

put hamilton songs at 200% and drive for a while
that was loving you?! i gonna pit maneuver your ass next time, on sight

This used to be it for me, but then I started putting giant expectations on myself, scrapping things because they weren't perfect, and then not having enough done to actually run anything when it came to game night. I used to be the GM for my friends, but now I just play in other campaigns.
I guess I kind of had my expectations for myself quashed when, at my first attempt at running my campaign, two of my four players completely wrecked the entire game with their behavior, driving it into the ground in the matter of two hours. And the next time I tried to host it, I had one of the players that I had vetted initially, who seemed completely normal, admit they were a scalie, (whatever, just don't drool over dragons in the game) and maybe a day after admitting it, try to shove their fursona into my game, even with my saying that their character made no sense with the lore I had established with them and the rest of the group. After their constant pestering, and even completely ignoring me saying to wait until session 0 to introduce their character, in favor of showing off their character to the rest of the party by posting their commissioned OC in the general chat and about 5 paragraphs worth of text along with it, I banned them and shelved the campaign until I found players I could actually rely on.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:55:19 PM by bloody jumper »

I guess I kind of had my expectations for myself quashed when, at my first attempt at running my campaign, two of my four players completely wrecked the entire game with their behavior, driving it into the ground in the matter of two hours. And the next time I tried to host it, I had one of the players that I had vetted initially, who seemed completely normal, admit they were a scalie, (whatever, just don't drool over dragons in the game) and maybe a day after admitting it, try to shove their fursona into my game, even with my saying that their character made no sense with the lore I had established with them and the rest of the group. After their constant pestering, and even completely ignoring me saying to wait until session 0 to introduce their character, in favor of showing off their character to the rest of the party by posting their commissioned OC in the general chat and about 5 paragraphs worth of text along with it, I banned them and shelved the campaign until I found players I could actually rely on.
oo damn, that sucks

this is surreal

small brain move: playing the dnd campaign your friend made with his own blood, sweat and tears

big brain move: LOLOLOLOLOLOL fap mage