Author Topic: weapon_grenades - a whole 9 unoriginal grenades!  (Read 10872 times)

i think i had first made this for ttt but idk
anyway uh

grenade list:
flash - blinds and deafens players longer depending on where they're looking(occasionally a few sounds slip through the deafening system but it works most of the time)
conc - standard explosive, deals up to 88dmg
electric - zaps any players in a pretty large radius and slows them a bit, deals 26dmg
frag - weaker conc but throws shrapnel, explosion deals up to 52dmg, shrapnel deals up to 60x19
gas - releases toxic gas which stays for 8.5s, deals up to 171dmg
molotov - bottle you can throw and burn people with, impact deals up to 40dmg, fire stays for 10s and deals up to around 220dmg + 15dmg afterburn
nail - weaker frag with stronger shrapnel, explosion deals up to 32dmg, shrapnel deals up to 50x33
smoke - releases black smoke that lasts for 20s
stick - sticky hand grenade, deals up to 118dmg

also you can hold multiple grenades of the same type in one slot
also you can cook grenades

also yes conc is ugly i might remodel it idk

test video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiB2z0saUTM

download: [...]
OP is outdated...
check the latest posts for updates
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 05:01:22 AM by adel »

Nice, I'll be adding these to randomizer

Nice, I'll add this to my collection

Also maybe add a cluster grenade
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:59:37 AM by failbros2 »

loving hell
uh
go to support_uselimit.cs line 41 and remove "FromSlot" (aka make it just %pl.removeItem(%pl.currTool);) to fix
i will be pushing fix now

updated mega and leopard.hosting links, gonna push fix on glass

i suggest frag & nail grenades use projectiles as purely visual elements but use a line-of-sight raycast to determine if someone can be realistically hit. I mean its supposed to fill the niche of anti-cover grenade where you just toss it behind a wall and everyone behind it will instantly die but if there's projectiles its a little too inconsistent to use effectively.

its something I never liked about the original frag grenade, it has a role its trying to fill as the line of sight aoe weapon but it falls so flat due to the terrible rng. the less randomness you can put into your weapons, the better. and grenades aren't something that need rng
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 03:29:31 PM by PhantOS »

now make a d20 grenade from cursed halo

i suggest frag & nail grenades use projectiles as purely visual elements but use a line-of-sight raycast to determine if someone can be realistically hit. I mean its supposed to fill the niche of anti-cover grenade where you just toss it behind a wall and everyone behind it will instantly die but if there's projectiles its a little too inconsistent to use effectively.

its something I never liked about the original frag grenade, it has a role its trying to fill as the line of sight aoe weapon but it falls so flat due to the terrible rng. the less randomness you can put into your weapons, the better. and grenades aren't something that need rng
a cooler idea may be to determine the people in los, then fire a set number of shrapnel at them with a wide spread like a shotgun shot. makes it a more consistent, los required, longer ranged grenade at the cost of lower max damage, compared to the normal explosive concs

cluster grenade when
also what about longer range camera "grenades" for survellience

a cooler idea may be to determine the people in los, then fire a set number of shrapnel at them with a wide spread like a shotgun shot. makes it a more consistent, los required, longer ranged grenade at the cost of lower max damage, compared to the normal explosive concs
anything is better than dying because i accidentally stepped on an incredibly sharp piece of motionless shrapnel

anything is better than dying because i accidentally stepped on an incredibly sharp piece of motionless shrapnel
yah forget that, or when you get behind cover but somehow shrapnel bounces off 12 walls at just the right angle to hit you