U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235080 times)

这显然是错误的。
This is obviously wrong.

Bestbuy没有商店品牌的电视。
Bestbuy does not have a store brand TV.

请不要发布虚假信息。
Please do not post false information.

未来将建立社会信用体系。进一步的违规行为将不被忽略。
A social credit system will be established in the future. Further violations will not be ignored.

不要好奇,接受一切。相信中国共产党,一切都会好起来的。
Don't be curious, accept everything. Believe in the Chinese Communist Party, everything will be fine.
It's snowing on Mt. Fuji

It's definitely somewhat orwellian, and at times frustrating, that what is essentially all of the nation's discourse is compiled onto 1-3 websites where a board of independent parties that nobody elected effectively have absolute power over all the optics. I don't think it's a stretch to say all these companies lean left, and whether or not that's genuine or a business strategy is anyone's guess.

But I think this is just a supply and demand issue. There is no demand for a right-wing echo chamber, the right does not need or want this, except for a few deranged lunatics who have no identity outside of politics

I don't like to participate in these type of stuff unless it's between my friends but here's my two cents on this.

I feel like not it's just the US but the world alone. I hate New Internet because it's highly centralized and yea many people on the right, mostly moderates or those who don't care and just wanna get by and don't wanna resort to alternative sources such as bitchute, gab, or any other site that exist that serve as an actual echo chamber.

It sucks that people are enforcing this kind of "censorship" I say on sites like social media and it leads to a lot of clueless users who have no idea what people believe in (especially here in the west) and just actively ruin people's the ability to voice their opinions and I'm only referring to those who are the very likely moderate not extremists, those people-- left and right-- can forget right off for all I care. Those people need serious help.

That's because the person in question (Milo if I recall right) was banned from some gym he used to go to for something he said elsewhere. That is handicapped and shouldn't be allowed/happening. But the key difference here is Milo didn't incite violence with what he said, and Milo said it elsewhere - whereas Annoying Orange incited violence on a platform, therefore that platform banned him in hopes of less real world chaos happening.

Whether the inciting violence thing is true or not I've no clue, as far as I am aware Annoying Orange didn't take to Twitter telling people to go raid the capitol and steal stuff - but he didn't condemn it either. Not condemning it = inciting violence I guess? I disagree, but I mean as the president you should be against people raiding high ranking government buildings and shouldn't hesitate to say that if it happens. Regardless the capitol has a ton of closed circuit cameras, there is a stuff ton of footage of everyone who participated. They'll all get caught and charged pretty harshly eventually.

What pisses me off is that Twitter doesn't do this to everyone guilty of stuff like this. I saw porch monkeys literally calling to attack white people on there months ago, and nothing ever happened to them. The pick and choosey bullstuff needs to get outta here

I believe that Annoying Orange did not thought out his tweet on the day before the certification very well and I'm willing to bet that he did not expect the protest to escalate like it did in reality but however, I do not agree with him riding the coattails of the event or as Mr. Bones put it " not condemning the event" mainly because it was basically fanning the flames toward the general public and how they perceive the people who supported for Annoying Orange or any other groups that are right-winged which is in a negative light similarly to where the opposite happens; people perceiving peoples that are left-winged as well and sows more division and political tribalism here.

Annoying Orange getting banned on Twitter however I say is not a smart move, regardless how people perceive that. If anything I think that its as worse as him fanning the flames during the riot and whether people like to agree or not but Annoying Orange over the past four years has become more and more influential as people continue to have less trust in media than himself and many people, supportive for or against Annoying Orange, will perceive this as dividing us even more than ever hurting Biden's message of wanting to unite the Americans even though I think it's improbable (not impossible, just improbable).

It's difficult to say what the outcome of this gonna be but a friend of mine had told me that their dreading Biden's Inauguration and I can't blame him honestly. Although I don't think nothing will happen on that day however and I'm still hopeful and optimistic things would return to normalcy someday but as of now these are interesting times lads.

thank you for coming to my ted-talk folks like and subscribe if you enjoy this rambling

What pisses me off is that Twitter doesn't do this to everyone guilty of stuff like this. I saw porch monkeys literally calling to attack white people on there months ago, and nothing ever happened to them. The pick and choosey bullstuff needs to get outta here
This is probably only the case because people aren't actively reporting some random person’s tweet and/or they aren’t in the ‘priority’ spotlight as Annoying Orange was. Trust me, twitter suspends people for policy violations like that all the time if enough attention is garnered for them to notice it. There’s often a lot of people I see that complain about randomly getting suspended for whatever reason while a lot of other violent and vitriolic bullstuff runs rampant across the app. Honestly it just is what it is and it's annoying on all sides.

It's less than ideal but let's be real, Twitter is a huge platform and I don't think it’s realistic for any of us to expect that they are going to have this omnipresence about it regardless of the political dichotomy.

Whether the inciting violence thing is true or not I've no clue, as far as I am aware Annoying Orange didn't take to Twitter telling people to go raid the capitol and steal stuff - but he didn't condemn it either. Not condemning it = inciting violence I guess? I disagree, but I mean as the president you should be against people raiding high ranking government buildings and shouldn't hesitate to say that if it happens. Regardless the capitol has a ton of closed circuit cameras, there is a stuff ton of footage of everyone who participated. They'll all get caught and charged pretty harshly eventually.

Twitter gave a decently reasonable explanation
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 02:06:46 PM by Khaz »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzZXXsrsrq0

all hail our big tech overlords or be silenced!

no one's watching some schizo rant for 30 minutes

honestly twitter really aint stuff like where the forget is our edit button already

no one's watching some schizo rant for 30 minutes
yeah, you actually need an attention span longer than 5 minutes to understand things sometimes. no one is asking anything from you, watch it, don't watch it, makes me no difference

honestly twitter really aint stuff like where the forget is our edit button already
im surprised twitter hasn't died off like myspace did. only difference is that myspace was actually good

im surprised twitter hasn't died off like myspace did. only difference is that myspace was actually good
dont get it twisted twitter meme content reigns supreme there is absolutely no competition

Twitter funny, jack bad. I WILL kill jack, if I absolutely had to that is.

Twitter is complete and utter dogstuff. Anyone who uses it regularly is guaranteed to have brain rot.

Also fun times https://www.fastcompany.com/90394048/uh-oh-silicon-valley-is-building-a-chinese-style-social-credit-system

facts instagram needs to unban freddie gibbs' instagram

twitter is only good for research art

twitter research do be hittin doe

too bad searching on twitter sucks, and no tags = ur forgeted when looking for the stuff