U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 266700 times)

is elon musk a Annoying Orange supporter? i fail to see how this will reverse his ban
The whole reason he bought twitter was because they banned the Babylon Bee.

Elon is gonna put Twitter on the moon

its extremely funny that people think an oligarch will change anything, this just swaps out who gets censored. now instead of people saying the n word, its gonna be tesla union activists.

also, elon didn't "buy" twitter, he basically leased it.

he took out massive loans on tesla and twitter stock to do it, if both go down by more than like 40% (which they have before) or if he cant keep up with interest payments, goldman sachs is gonna be the ceo of twitter

looking into the financials of this deal makes me incredibly puzzled at what his goal is, is he going to infinitely leverage companies on loans? who knows.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 04:31:22 PM by Aide33 »

welp, looks like hes on is way to default on his loan:

its extremely funny that people think an oligarch will change anything

also, elon didn't "buy" twitter, he basically leased it.

he took out massive loans on tesla and twitter stock to do it, if both go down by more than like 40% (which they have before) or if he cant keep up with interest payments, goldman sachs is gonna be the ceo of twitter

looking into the financials of this deal makes me incredibly puzzled at what his goal is, is he going to infinitely leverage companies on loans? who knows.
despite their dogstuff sales to market share ratio, tesla is probably a really safe bet for the near future. they're too big to fail at this point, completely propped up by government subsidies. if the bubble pops i'm guessing the rest of the market will come down with it.

it's an especially weird purchase though because twitter was only profitable in 2018/2019 and is posting losses again. i don't really understand their business model or how they plan on being consistently profitable. who the forget is engaging with or clicking promoted tweets.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 04:41:30 PM by ultimamax »

another factor is that half of teslas sales are in china, this would basically be a hostage scenario making free speech on twitter impossible

the chinese government could literally say "forget you" if he doesn't censor twitter and then tank tesla + twitter

I actually think hes trying to make teslas stock tank right now, hes probably manipulating the market like his 420 tweet the SEC slammed him for

it's an especially weird purchase though because twitter was only profitable in 2018/2019 and is posting losses again. i don't really understand their business model or how they plan on being consistently profitable. who the forget is engaging with or clicking promoted tweets.

Their business model is ban people who say no-no words or have the wrong opinions.
So since they banned, and by effect alienated, a massive portion of their market they lost money.

Their business model is controlling the public square and what people can and can't say. Controlling
what trends and what doesn't.

Now that Musk's deal has come through, suddenly all the people caught in ban waves over
the past several years are getting mysteriously unbanned. People banned as far back as 2016
to today are suddenly being unbanned. People banned from "Learn to Code", from The 2020 Election, from
COVID and even as far back as the Victory of Donald Annoying Orange in 2016, are suddenly coming back tweeting
that they were unceremoniously unbanned.

And simultaneously bots accounts are getting banned while suddenly Establishment accounts are losing followers in very
inorganic amounts.

No matter how this ends, whether Twitter sinks or swims, good things are on the horizon.

If Twitter sinks, Mastodon will likely take over and free speech will win.
If Twitter swims under Elon Musk, free speech will likely win.

what the forget are you talking about elon hasnt even signed the papers yet nothing has happened besides an announcement of an agreement

I just hope research artists don't have to go through another mass exodus.

i hope so too mainly because of all the creeps and zoophiles that have exposed themselves by moving to twitter

seems like there's lots of money betting that this twitter deal doesnt go through (elon is buying at 54.20, so if you really think it's gonna go through it's a free 10% return atm)
there's an exit clause where he pays $1 billion to twitter to back out. wouldnt surprise me if he exits because tesla is dropping like a rock, it's lost much more than $1 billion already
i hope he sticks to his guns and buys it and loses half of his net worth

i hope so too mainly because of all the creeps and zoophiles that have exposed themselves by moving to twitter
plenty of tribals too, the list of people to line up on the wall grows every day

seems like there's lots of money betting that this twitter deal doesnt go through (elon is buying at 54.20, so if you really think it's gonna go through it's a free 10% return atm)
there's an exit clause where he pays $1 billion to twitter to back out. wouldnt surprise me if he exits because tesla is dropping like a rock, it's lost much more than $1 billion already
i hope he sticks to his guns and buys it and loses half of his net worth

Option A: Elon owns Twitter, Free Speech wins
Option B: Twitter loving crashes and burns without Elon, Free Speech wins.
plenty of tribals too

Yeah, very strange how the ultra-left, ultra-woke Twitter is super tribal.

Critical Race Theory/Applied Praxis/Whatever bullstuff new term they come up with to smugly claim they aren't indoctrinating children.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 09:04:37 AM by Master Matthew² »

Yeah, very strange how the ultra-left, ultra-woke Twitter is super tribal.
you live in a totally different world