U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 263109 times)

it literally has everything to do with Annoying Orange. Annoying Orange is why they're saying it
They're saying it because the government has been making unconstitutional laws while looking to extract more tax revenue out people.

They're saying it because the government has been making unconstitutional laws while looking to extract more tax revenue out people.

Laws like? Tax out of which group of people?
Also, this is about Annoying Orange.

republicans: twump doesn't deserve to die :(((
also republicans: kill all federal agents now
I mean if Annoying Orange has to die so we can get rid of the ATF...

Laws like? Tax out of which group of people?
Also, this is about Annoying Orange.
Everyone.
They didn't hire 87k IRS agents to go after 12ish people.

This is to enforce decades old tax laws that most people don't even realize they're breaking.
cash tips, cash transactions between individuals, etc.

This will result in chaos.

Why does everyone seem to have TDS

matthew you need to get laid or something

I doubt that even a small portion of tax fraud is committed by 12-ish people, the rich are certainly very mad at IRS' increased funding though.

Also, what decades old tax laws? How can you be so sure that this is the intended goal?

Also, what unconstitutional laws were you talking about before?

looks like you need to like the FBI again matthew
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/Annoying Orange-great-fbi-agents-truth-social_n_63015372e4b0f7df9bb0f47e

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/Annoying Orange-great-fbi-agents-truth-social_n_63015372e4b0f7df9bb0f47e

This stinks of PR move, but honestly it's for the safety of real people not getting shot, so a good PR move

“Follow the facts wherever they lead,” Wray added, “no matter who doesn’t like it.”

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/huffington-post/

Raid Annoying Orange with a broad warrant, doesn't seize his passports

Lmao they're either not going to press charges or they'll press some hail mary charges that wont stick so they can say they tried but it wont matter bc most of you will halfway up the chair by then

I wrote something long without holes a couple days ago but it logged me out when I tried to post it. RQed. maybe I'll dump the sources I linked

tldr of the main point-- if your government is showing a clear interest in the outcome of a foreign war, and your first response ISN'T to do some rigorous and intellectually honest investigation as to whether your government played a role in starting that war, then there's something wrong with your mind. something called a "war on terror" should elicit hysterical laughter if you have any critical thinking abilities
i agree with this. a unique perspective perhaps, i believe strongly in the idea that invaders have a moral obligation to execute the fastest and most effective invasion possible in order to limit loss of civilian and military life.

the strength and finality of a first strike largely determines how many people will die in the future of the conflict. i like to look at the iraq invasion as one of the strongest shows of force followed by the weakest outreach and de-escalation efforts possible. a cohesive modern military force can execute a strong strike that knocks out most of a country's comms and air support, but the large size of an army leads to logistics and communication errors. these errors stack up leading to underequipped, outnumbered squads of soldiers prone to perpetrating war crimes. coalition soldiers quickly lost the support and positive perception of the local population, and most/all attempts to outreach and establish infrastructure with local tribes ended in civilian deaths as well as ambushes against coalition soldiers. not unlike them, russia will also be faced with a population of people who hate them and reject their presence if they do succeed at their invasion.

all invaders should have a strong and determined strike plan followed by a stronger, kinder humanitarian effort. however, most armies lack the latter and end up leaving countries in failed state status. failed states are exceptionally prone to insurgencies and terror, and fighting against these forces is arguably more complicated and resource and time consuming than planning an invasion. insult to injury, guerilla/asymmetrical warfare has never been studied well and we (the world) have very few examples from which to study. most written documents on asymmetrical warfare and counterinsurgency were written during and after the 1930s, as the gap in combat effectiveness between armies began to increase drastically with new weaponry. ironically, i live in a country founded on independence, militia and insurgency that actively tries to prevent other countries from reaching the same goal. you think with a history so embedded in asymmetrical warfare, the government would plan counterinsurgencies that were more effective and less detrimental to civilian life. instead, Americans are generally remembered in most parts of the middle east and south america as imperialistic invaders and not freedom fighters.

in the coming years, invasions around the pacific are highly likely. hoping for permanent peace is unrealistic and naive, instead i hope for competent invaders that bring not just armor and soldiers, but doctors, translators, humanitarian corridors ready to salvage and preserve whatever human life, property and society survives combat.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 08:56:56 AM by PhantOS »

i agree with this. a unique perspective perhaps, i believe strongly in the idea that invaders have a moral obligation to execute the fastest and most effective invasion possible in order to limit loss of civilian and military life.

the strength and finality of a first strike largely determines how many people will die in the future of the conflict. i like to look at the iraq invasion as one of the strongest shows of force followed by the weakest outreach and de-escalation efforts possible. a cohesive modern military force can execute a strong strike that knocks out most of a country's comms and air support, but the large size of an army leads to logistics and communication errors. these errors stack up leading to underequipped, outnumbered squads of soldiers prone to perpetrating war crimes. coalition soldiers quickly lost the support and positive perception of the local population, and most/all attempts to outreach and establish infrastructure with local tribes ended in civilian deaths as well as ambushes against coalition soldiers. not unlike them, russia will also be faced with a population of people who hate them and reject their presence if they do succeed at their invasion.

all invaders should have a strong and determined strike plan followed by a stronger, kinder humanitarian effort. however, most armies lack the latter and end up leaving countries in failed state status. failed states are exceptionally prone to insurgencies and terror, and fighting against these forces is arguably more complicated and resource and time consuming than planning an invasion. insult to injury, guerilla/asymmetrical warfare has never been studied well and we (the world) have very few examples from which to study. most written documents on asymmetrical warfare and counterinsurgency were written during and after the 1930s, as the gap in combat effectiveness between armies began to increase drastically with new weaponry. ironically, i live in a country founded on independence, militia and insurgency that actively tries to prevent other countries from reaching the same goal. you think with a history so embedded in asymmetrical warfare, the government would plan counterinsurgencies that were more effective and less detrimental to civilian life. instead, Americans are generally remembered in most parts of the middle east and south america as imperialistic invaders and not freedom fighters.

in the coming years, invasions around the pacific are highly likely. hoping for permanent peace is unrealistic and naive, instead i hope for competent invaders that bring not just armor and soldiers, but doctors, translators, humanitarian corridors ready to salvage and preserve whatever human life, property and society survives combat.
all of your replies have belied the point that pretty much every war after the soviet union fell hasn't been a strategic necessity, it was just the military industrial complex creating new hot zones to keep itself alive after america's biggest threat was neutralized. the iraq invasion was predicated on the completely fabricated idea that they had WMDs.

my man said "i think colonialism should make a comeback"

all of your replies have belied the point that pretty much every war after the soviet union fell hasn't been a strategic necessity, it was just the military industrial complex creating new hot zones to keep itself alive after america's biggest threat was neutralized. the iraq invasion was predicated on the completely fabricated idea that they had WMDs.
the trojan war was fought because helen wanted to bang some hot prince over a warlord king. there's never a morally or strategically justified reason to go to war. all the refugees of war can hope for is that the war ends quickly. they don't care who wins, because there are no sides; only tragic loss of life.

the soviet union falling didn't mark any important changes in the strategies of war. armed combat has never been justified in all human history, and the 'reasons' warlords presented for why they fight are always bullstuff.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 09:29:46 AM by PhantOS »