What's your favorite musical

Author Topic: What's your favorite musical  (Read 615 times)

I used to think musicals were gay but then I watched Cats (the actual musical, not the horrendous movie) and found out they're gay AND awesome

I was also going to say Jesus Christ Superstar but technically that was rock opera first

The Doomstar Requiem cannot be beat. Sorry

phantom of the opera or west side story

Cats is pretty good
I like Wicked a lot

phantom of the opera or west side story
see I would like Phantom of the Opera but that signature motif you hear Andrew ripped off from Pink Floyd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlhUob7ZERI

"Yeah, the beginning of that bloody Phantom song is from Echoes. *DAAAA-da-da-da-da-da*. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. It's the same time signature—it's 12/8—and it's the same structure and it's the same notes and it's the same everything. Bastard. It probably is actionable. It really is! But I think that life's too long to bother with suing Andrew loving Lloyd Webber. I think that might make me really gloomy." -Roger Waters

see I would like Phantom of the Opera but that signature motif you hear Andrew ripped off from Pink Floyd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlhUob7ZERI

"Yeah, the beginning of that bloody Phantom song is from Echoes. *DAAAA-da-da-da-da-da*. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. It's the same time signature—it's 12/8—and it's the same structure and it's the same notes and it's the same everything. Bastard. It probably is actionable. It really is! But I think that life's too long to bother with suing Andrew loving Lloyd Webber. I think that might make me really gloomy." -Roger Waters
I don’t really care if weber sampled the motif from pink floyd, they’re both brilliant musicians and the harmonies are different anyway
if this is what the echoes motif had the potential for then I’m still happy to enjoy his compositions

also if your favorite song isn’t music of the night you’re objectively wrong
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 10:48:31 AM by Drydess »

had to sit through the cats musical, it was a miracle i didn't gouge out my eyes

the only two musicals ive ever seen were the book of mormon and west side story

the only two musicals ive ever seen were the book of mormon and west side story
they're both pretty good and great entryways

the only legit musical i’ve seen is phantom of the opera and i don’t remember anything from it

the only legit musical i’ve seen is phantom of the opera and i don’t remember anything from it
you should rewatch it, ALW's stuff is always good