what the hell is Among Us?

Author Topic: what the hell is Among Us?  (Read 7224 times)

I asked an honest question; How does the type of content you consume affect your opinion of a game and your playstyle?

Unless it's some reviewer saying why and how a game is bad, then sure, opinion may be altered, if an online game has hackers, then sure, game avoided, otherwise, i don't see how people making the funny meme videos or the cringy arts based on a game could make you hate said game when it's not like you'd see any of that in the game
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 01:39:41 PM by Masterlegodude »

a community attracts people who relate to that community, and when it has a massive surge of handicaps all of a sudden, there's going to be a lot of handicaps. those handicaps will stick, thus causing newer handicaps to stick better as well. a game like this, which mostly functions on how everyone plays the game, is going to suffer if you have a bunch of morons who dont know what theyre doing.

a community attracts people who relate to that community, and when it has a massive surge of handicaps all of a sudden, there's going to be a lot of handicaps. those handicaps will stick, thus causing newer handicaps to stick better as well. a game like this, which mostly functions on how everyone plays the game, is going to suffer if you have a bunch of morons who dont know what theyre doing.
Fair enough, but then those players will just eventually learn how to play the game as everyone else has, yes?

Like, i'm sure no one knew what they were doing when this game was new, but then they all learned over time

the content you consume almost entirely develops your opinion and playstyle in a game, especially multiplayer ones. if someone impressionable were to play tf2 and started watching mr paladin's videos, they would definitely be more inclined to play spy. or if someone saw a meme build that did (x), they'd try it because the content they consumed involving it was funny or intriguing.

if they didn't like mr paladin's videos, say, they hate his sense of humor, their opinion of the game would be affected. they'd be less likely to play spy, or simply got annoyed with what he was doing enough to not want to play the game.

one who watches fall guys content and enjoys it might want to play the game and imitate their favorite youtubers, their friends, memes about it, etc. there have been some terrible, terrible practices spread around, like voting all one player off just because, or purposefully throwing matches, being stupid in general, etc. these players are pretty commonly seen playing the game and it's understandable to dislike them

Fair enough, but then those players will just eventually learn how to play the game as everyone else has, yes?
Like, i'm sure no one knew what they were doing when this game was new, but then they all learned over time
you misunderstand. people don't dislike these users for being new.

there have been some terrible, terrible practices spread around, like voting all one player off just because, or purposefully throwing matches, being stupid in general, etc. these players are pretty commonly seen playing the game and it's understandable to dislike them
you misunderstand. people don't dislike these users for being new.
Alright, things like that i can understand, but i guess i just never really considered it

Games with online interactions will always have their quirks and people who don't even try to play the game, like TF2 and people who just idle or go "friendly", the Halo games (though seemingly mostly Halo 3 for some reason), where your whole team ends up quitting either at the start of a match or halfway through, and so on

But whatever it is, it doesn't make me "hate" a game or think of it as "ruined", i still love and enjoy games like TF2 and Halo 3, i just understand that i'm occasionally gonna bump into people who do bothersome things, but like, that's just any sort of online experience ever, really

A game is only ACTUALLY ruined is if it becomes unplayable, like if you're in a match in Fall Guys and there's just hackers literally everywhere, or something like that
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 02:04:15 PM by Masterlegodude »

my man of course people aren't gonna play a game if their first impression is 'its fanbase is unfunny reddit band kids'

the only reason im not stuffting on among us is because i actually ended up liking the game after looking into it. if i didn't care to, i'd be stuffting on it solely because of it getting memed to death

History says no - it's more likely the game will adapt to suit the influx of newbies (casualization)

Doesn't really matter though since among us is just casualized TTT

forget among us, it mighta changed last time i tried it but around a year ago i played for 2 weeks and it was complete stuff. it's got all of the bad of a physical-ized mystery game and little of the gain, with much too little strategy and too much casualness. the meta is just "kill off outliers" as "impostor" (tfw you can't spell) or "stick in a group and mini" as reg dood. as such, casual gameplay is almost guaranteed impostor and competitive gameplay is almost guaranteed regular with little in-between.

i will say tho, the minigames are cool

play with a group of close friends in voice chat and then it becomes fun

is among us like ttt in a sense that it’s only fun when you’re the murderer?

is among us like ttt in a sense that it’s only fun when you’re the murderer?
yeah basically, most of the fun comes from the lil minigames they put in it but you might as well yoink those out and put them in something else

Ok now someone remake it in Blockland.

Doesn't really matter though since among us is just casualized TTT
weird way to write ss13 plus making TTT any more casual would be to just remove it out of gmod and make it a standalone without any other changes. its already as basic as basic gets.

I mean stock TTT kinda sucks because 90% of servers just run the same minecraft map and the last person to be standing with a shotgun is always the winner - but in general still requires some on-the-fly decision making and creativity to get people split up and then killed with the right tools.

In Among Us the game splits up all the innocents for you and when someone does die the entire game has to pause for a talk break instead of having to do detective work on the fly with the threat possibly still present. It makes for a much more simple, hand-holdy loop

game sucks balls refunded first hour if it wasnt 5 bucks itd be dead moving to guncraft (lan party) forget this game play ttt