irrel.irrelvenmt being a provokative andd passive aggreeesive mod (ft. bcc)

Author Topic: irrel.irrelvenmt being a provokative andd passive aggreeesive mod (ft. bcc)  (Read 8724 times)

this is just a very minor gripe but why the forget do you have to go to a completely different website to view the goddamn rules
agree on this

should be on the discord as well lol

i honestly dont understand why people are complaining so much about when you talk about something unfit for the channel and are asked to move it to a different channel.
because the channel they refer you to has the longest loving slowdown in the universe

because the channel they refer you to has the longest loving slowdown in the universe
it's only 15 seconds the forget

ok now consider the fact that alot of people type in fractured sentences
do you see the problem now

my point is you cant keep a loving conversation going if you have to wait 50 eternities just to loving post again

and their defense? "to prevent spam" BITCH JUST BAN SOMEONE IF THEY SPAM god DAMN

ok now consider the fact that alot of people type in fractured sentences
do you see the problem now
filtering against that is a good thing

typing
like this
imo
is definitely
spam and
should
be treated as
such

and it also prevents spamming / dumping of stuff into the channel, which ahem, is a rule

why are you so against having rules

No one's having full on conversations in a meme channel, and a cooldown isn't stopping you from typing full sentences, just include the entirety of that sentence in a single message if what you have to say is that important

some people type faster than others, and more often than not being forced to move a conversation from general into random stunts conversations entirely.

plus it's much harder to get a point across when you have to have a conversation in 15 second increments; say you've already said something, so person b is going to respond to it. you've asked them a question or addressed something in a separate message. now person b is going to respond to what you said from a quarter of a minute ago and you'll be forced to ask them after they say something without full context/the question/etc. having conversations like that can *only ever be bad*.

a better solution would to be to remove the slowmode entirely, reduce it to something manageable and average for conversations or just make a #general-2 for conversations that are too off-topic

discord conversations often go by fast as well
i might be separating my messages like this,
since it's easier to just press enter than shift + enter, or maybe i'm presenting separate ideas in one message
saying that the slowmode is perfectly fine because of it blocking spam isn't acceptable.
lowering the timer would be a perfectly acceptable solution to that whilst not stopping conversation.
since i can type these sentences in way less than 15 seconds.

i type at, on average, 150 wpm, and you're saying it's ok to just lock me out of conversations because of this. you're a loving idiot

actually i forget what my average wpm is but i do know my fastest was like 188

I literally see zero instances of this happening in the Discord. Either you're making stuff up, or heavily misinterpreting the situation.
maybe because irrel deletes the message after 2 milliseconds of thought because "DURRR IF I WAIT IT WONT HAPPEN DUHHHHH"

i type at, on average, 150 wpm, and you're saying it's ok to just lock me out of conversations because of this. you're a loving idiot
Legit conversations rarely happen in #random for it to be an issue

It'd be more work to have to watch over a meme channel so that it's not being spammed and the moderator(s) having to clean up whatever mess was made, all because you couldn't wait 15 seconds

Legit conversations rarely happen in #random for it to be an issue

It'd be more work to have to watch over a meme channel so that it's not being spammed and the moderator(s) having to clean up whatever mess was made, all because you couldn't wait 15 seconds
then let them to reduce it to 5 seconds you daft cunt. you can get as much 'spam' done with a 15 second slowmode as you can a 5 second slowmode, plus it allows for normal conversation. the only reason it isn't being used for conversation is because the uptight ass mods refuse to let the slowmode be less harsh.

holy loving stuff wow. i have to look through a meme channel either way but i'll also make people talk about certain topics in this channel and also make it annoying to do so. what a good moderator i am

how the forget
is typing like this
considered spam enough
to be deleted
like i get theyre sending a bunch of messages in a short timespan, but surely thats not a big deal because theyre not just typing gibberish or going mondaymondaymondaymondaymonda y or some other kind of spam. is it the messages taking up a lot of space? what the forget is the issue?