Author Topic: Wanted System  (Read 3717 times)

Server_Wanted
A wanted/innocent system to determine whether a kill is justified or not. Includes multiple RTB/BLG preferences making it highly customizable. Also includes events.
(Slayer by Greek2Me is currently required for use.)

Events:
setWanted event: marks the player as wanted.
removeWanted event: removes the player's wanted level.
removeMinorWanted event: removes the players wanted level unless the player has committed assault or murder.

Crimes:
Contraband: when picking up an item, if it is not one of the items marked as legal, it will make you wanted.
Event: when the player activates a brick event making them wanted, could be used for trespassing, etc.
Assault: any time the player attacks a member of the opposing team it will make them wanted with a higher severity than the previous mentioned crimes.
Murder: any time the player kills a member of the opposing team, higher severity, same as assault.

Preferences:
$Pref::Server::Team1: the team that cannot become wanted, by default set to "guards."
$Pref::Server::Team2: the team that can become wanted, by default set to "prisoners."
$Pref::Server::ResetOnDeath: whether your wanted level will reset on death, 3 options, yes, minor crimes, and no. By default this is set to "yes."
$Pref::Server::LegalItems: what items the second team can pick up without becoming wanted, by default set to "Push Broom" and "Fists".
$Pref::Server::LegalItemCount: the amount of items the second team can legally pick up, by default set to 2 to match above.
$Pref::Server::WantedUseTeams: if set to "No," any time will be able to become wanted. "Yes" by default.
$Pref::Server::ItemsIllegal: determines whether items should be illegal be default, set to "Yes" by default.

Screenshots:

Brick Events:

Glass Preferences:

Credits:
Gentle Spy (166053), coding, testing, bug fixing.
Gothboy77 (14329), coding, testing, bug fixing, making it pretty.
ProTear (109211), giving lots of great suggestions, testing.
Bird159, giving me the idea.

Download:
Recent Updates:
1.6.0 (11/18/2020)
- Added a pref to enable automatic freekill moderation.
- Another pref to decide if time should be allowed before moderation.
- /Pardon command for admins to pardon freekills.
1.6.1 (11/19/2020)
- Added ifWanted event to check wanted status.
Server_Wanted
(Please let me know if you find any bugs/issues)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 08:53:52 AM by GentleSpy »

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUH.
ery noice

Gothboy77 (14329), coding, testing, bug fixing, making it pretty.
Run.

Run.
If I'm the reason you run away then thats doing everyone a favor

crown's jailbreak WTF IS THAT??
bird159's prison break on top !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool add-on. This concept is extremely overdue, so thanks

Idea: Maybe make some kind of onPlayerFreekilled event that is called when someone is freekilled. Some use cases for this:
Code: [Select]
onPlayerFreekilled -> Client (victim) -> InstantRespawn
onPlayerFreekilled -> Client (attacker) -> AddHealth(-50)
ect.
I'm pretty sure something like this is possible but it's been a while since I've coded events. It would give hosts some control over freekill logic without having to explicitly write it into the add-on.

You guys mean Crown's Simon Says?

Well said

does it work without teams

Idea: Maybe make some kind of onPlayerFreekilled event that is called when someone is freekilled. Some use cases for this:
Code: [Select]
onPlayerFreekilled -> Client (victim) -> InstantRespawn
onPlayerFreekilled -> Client (attacker) -> AddHealth(-50)
ect.
Good idea, I can try implementing this in the next update.
Currently does not, this is also something I can implement in the future.

Currently does not, this is also something I can implement in the future.
damn, good stuff nonetheless

There is now an option to use it without teams.