Facebook can delete your stuff now

Author Topic: Facebook can delete your stuff now  (Read 2979 times)

how does the act protect the companies from lawsuits? what kind of lawsuits? that seems like a major point in determining if its right or wrong for them to “hide behind the act”
iirc it effectively prevents them from having legal liability for what users post on their site. removing this protection would cause companies to be even more strict with moderation because they have to be extra super 100% careful nobody ever posts anything they can get sued for

Here is a prime example, this happened to me over sharing a pic I thought was humorous

Guys, it's time to systematically delete our FB accounts and move on to something else.

I heard of a thing called FriendProject, it's a site that is like old MySpace where you can create a custom profile with music and such.
I'll probably just stick to discord though

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:54:36 PM by Goth77 »

Bro u are literally the only guy who uses Facebook.

Bro u are literally the only guy who uses Facebook.
That can't possibly be true lol. Don't you think it's pretty dumb though? For them to censor a meme just because it mentions covid, and then go on to say it could cause physical harm LMFAO

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 09:03:23 PM by Goth77 »

That can't possibly be true lol. Don't you think it's pretty dumb though? For them to censor a meme just because it mentions covid, and then go on to say it could cause physical harm LMFAO
Did u read what it said tho

gothboy legitimately believes that covid doesn't exist because he lives inside a 5g tower and it's melted his brain into goo

great guys keep selling your data to Chinese Overlord Xi Jinping. the Chinese Communist Party can do no harm towards anyone, only good.

Did u read what it said tho
Yeah, so? There is literally a way for people to hide posts, unfollow peoples posts, and even block someone if they don't like it.

There is absolutely no reason for the outright censorship of the image I shared

it is ok, you can trust the government. there is nothing to look into. all is fine. nothing bad is happening.

it is ok, you can trust the government. there is nothing to look into. all is fine. nothing bad is happening.

a lot of people like to stuff on facebook but its pretty great to see them actually taking action against those suggesting covid isnt real
though this is a single case i dunno if they actually take down most other occurrences of this

a lot of people like to stuff on facebook but its pretty great to see them actually taking action against those suggesting covid isnt real
though this is a single case i dunno if they actually take down most other occurrences of this
hello, ccp

hello, ccp
instead of riffing on china maybe consider the fact our government is trying to push through similar oversight laws to get control of company data and force companies to install backdoors to their services and whatnot so they can bypass encryption

instead of riffing on china maybe consider the fact our government is trying to push through similar oversight laws to get control of company data and force companies to install backdoors to their services and whatnot so they can bypass encryption
do you think i don't already know they do this?