Author Topic: a killer is outside your house.  (Read 3290 times)

if you live in an apartment or condo do they gotta go through security
my dorm has sec you need a card to get into the building then another different one to get into my tower
in addition i have three roommates

Imagine not liking a single shot shotgun.
They are some of the most fun to shoot and will take practically any load you put through them.

You mean like a pump? There is nothing cycling the action other than yourself.

You mean like a pump? There is nothing cycling the action other than yourself.
Yeah, because running hot loads through a pump is a smart idea and totally won't harm the action at all.

Yeah, because running hot loads through a pump is a smart idea and totally won't harm the action at all.
You're right. It won't.

The only mechanical difference between a pump and a single shot is the feed ramp that feeds shells from the magazine tube into the breach, which does not interact with the explosion in the chamber. Not that you're going to forget up a shotgun running 3" shoulder-forgeters anyway.

You're right. It won't.

The only mechanical difference between a pump and a single shot is the feed ramp that feeds shells from the magazine tube into the breach, which does not interact with the explosion in the chamber. Not that you're going to forget up a shotgun running 3" shoulder-forgeters anyway.
You must have never use or maintained a single firearm before if you think you don't damage your action by firing hot loads through a pump action.
Because applying heavy pressure to a moveable object doesn't bend or warp your action in any way.

"Hot loads" being spicy 3" shells? The gun will be 100% fine.

Because applying heavy pressure to a moveable object doesn't bend or warp your action in any way.

Whats moving? Not the bolt. If we're talking automatic, it would still be completely fine, and in fact, better as it will shoot softer. Single shot shotguns aren't completely void of overpressure. Not sure what you're shooting that will break a pump but whatever it is, its going to forget up your breach face, locking mechanism, and possibly the barrel. But good thing none of these rounds are sold commercially.

"Hot loads" being spicy 3" shells? The gun will be 100% fine.

Whats moving? Not the bolt. If we're talking automatic, it would still be completely fine, and in fact, better as it will shoot softer. Single shot shotguns aren't completely void of overpressure. Not sure what you're shooting that will break a pump but whatever it is, its going to forget up your breach face, locking mechanism, and possibly the barrel. But good thing none of these rounds are sold commercially.
That's why I've been talking about the whole time is hot loads, not some "spicy" commercial 3" shells, 3" isn't even that spicy.

That's why I've been talking about the whole time is hot loads, not some "spicy" commercial 3" shells, 3" isn't even that spicy.
  3" are considered magnum rounds. Anything higher and you're buying it for its novelty, not its functionality. The exception being birdshot, which won't really create a ton of pressure.

3" are considered magnum rounds. Anything higher and you're buying it for its novelty, not its functionality. The exception being birdshot, which won't really create a ton of pressure.
3" isn't a magnum round, that's the length of the shell. They make magnum 2 3/4 as well

Relatively speaking, 3" is considered magnum. You're not getting standard buck in a 3" shell. You can, but generally, its because of its powder contents.

You can get shoulder-wrecker 3.5" loads. You gain no advantage when using them, but you can.

Elmer Fudd vs Tier 1 Couch Operator

Imagine not wanting to buy a single shot to shoot flashlights and vibrators out of with 2000+FPS hot loads because "a pump action is better"

Imagine thinking you can't put the same loads in a pump

Imagine thinking you can't put the same loads in a pump
It's easier on a single shot and it doesn't damage it as much as a pump does, I haven't once said you can't load it in a pump only that you can have fun with a single shot and not ruin your good shotgun like a moron.

Don't use a $50 Turkish shotgun and you won't break it with anything above birdshot. I honestly have not heard any sort of critical failures spawning from overpressured ammo from even the most bizarre companies. Shotguns are literally designed to take a beating. I have put maybe 5,000 2.75" - 3" high pressure loads through my semi-auto and I haven't received any failures.