Author Topic: Google/youtube can and is reading your mind  (Read 2088 times)

Look at this clown, he doesn't get the joke.

the real reason is the cherrypicking data thing. theres a couple good videos out there showing the kind of bizarre stuff you can notice/things that have happened that seem statistically impossible that are actually completely explainable statistically.

for example, a couple who found out that they happened to be in the same picture one of their parents took at disneyland when they were both kids. statistically impossible for it to happen to any one of us, but statistically likely to have happened at least once given how many people went to disneyland and took pictures over the past half century

Ok but honestly one time I was in a discord call and my friend said something about nutter butters as a joke and I got a nutter butters ad on twitter 10 seconds later
this kind of stuff happens to be a lot. i mention to my friend that we have matching purses, and tumblr gives me an ad for the exact brand of purse. i tell a friend that i don't have a big enough container to bring potluck foods, i get an ad for massive storage totes. my supervisor at work mentions going on a winter cruise with his wife? cruiseline ads.

according to the google terms of service they have permission to record the 60 seconds before you use their vouce search thingy. of course, they would have to permanently record so they can get the footage...

according to the google terms of service they have permission to record the 60 seconds before you use their vouce search thingy. of course, they would have to permanently record so they can get the footage...
i've never given their voice search thing permission to use my mic, but i doubt that stops google lel

it would be weird for advertisers to instantly advertise something as soon as they catch wind of you thinking about it cause it probably would creep people out and make them suspect the advertisers of spying on them, if done too frequently

but maybe thats what they want me to think

the best way to avoid having your data stolen is to simply get rid of all the stuff that harvests data. delete social media, disable anything voice related, use incognito mode whenever possible, etc etc.

the best way to avoid having your data stolen is to simply get rid of all the stuff that harvests data. delete social media, disable anything voice related, use incognito mode whenever possible, etc etc.
go on then, stop using discord

go on then, stop using discord
i basically don't use it already, i probably have less than 5 minutes in it per day

it would be weird for advertisers to instantly advertise something as soon as they catch wind of you thinking about it cause it probably would creep people out and make them suspect the advertisers of spying on them, if done too frequently

but maybe thats what they want me to think
is there much we as individuals can do about it tho

is there much we as individuals can do about it tho
encrypt everything

if all of your data and interactions are undecipherable, it renders advertising to you a waste of money and time

goes as brown townog as possible too, forget alexa, forget siri, forget social media, etc etc

if it has a tos longer than a phone book, it's probably chinese spyware

forums count as social media btw

forums count as social media btw
the only thing that tracks you on this forum is the ads and those are easily removable via noscript or adblock
goes as brown townog as possible too, forget alexa, forget siri, forget social media, etc etc

if it has a tos longer than a phone book, it's probably chinese spyware
i'm never going to run something in my house where i cant physically unplug the mic/camera

never gonna trust any kind of always on voice recognition stuff unless i programmed it, the snowden stuff has permanently blackpilled me on technology

i basically don't use it already, i probably have less than 5 minutes in it per day
that explains a lot