Author Topic: Exploring abandoned Minecraft servers.  (Read 1494 times)

I've been looking to explore old, abandoned Minecraft servers. It's already a hobby of mine to explore what I call "digital graveyards."
I've mostly done it with old MMO's at this point (Active Worlds, Worlds, and this one Yahoo MMO that I lost the name of.) I don't know, something about finding worlds and creations that people
spent hundreds, or even thousands of hours on just to leave behind is fascinating to me. I've been on the hunt for mostly empty Minecraft servers that people left builds behind on.
Yes, I'm well aware of servers like 2B2T, etc. I'm looking for the most obscure servers I can. It doesn't matter what game version.

I'll be posting my findings here. As of now I haven't really had any luck, aside from a German server I can't understand the text on. Best I could find was a chest that had a single rose in it.

This is vbworld.doubleugly.org

According to Planet Minecraft the server was first published in around 2013. It's updated to 1.16.3, and has all the new nether content, but it seems players haven't been on this server for quite some time. The spawn area is very barren, except for a nether portal about 20 blocks out north.

This is vbworld.doubleugly.org

According to Planet Minecraft the server was first published in around 2013. It's updated to 1.16.3, and has all the new nether content, but it seems players haven't been on this server for quite some time. The spawn area is very barren, except for a nether portal about 20 blocks out north.

Been following what I assume to be a nether highway on it for a tiny bit. I'm gonna see if it leads anywhere.

Been following what I assume to be a nether highway on it for a tiny bit. I'm gonna see if it leads anywhere.

Welp. Only about 200 blocks out the highway ended. I'll only post about this server again if I find something worthwhile.

Done searching for now. I'll either continue this thread, or make a new one when I'm able to. Got some things to do IRL.

theres a ton of housing and stuff a bit southwest of the spawn
ill show pictures later, still exploring

edit: https://imgur.com/a/oNamidu
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 11:47:20 AM by TableSalt »