[NEWS] EVAR OWNS CHILD research TWITTER, DEFENDED BY BRICKADIA DEVS

Author Topic: [NEWS] EVAR OWNS CHILD research TWITTER, DEFENDED BY BRICKADIA DEVS  (Read 63811 times)

teenagers were getting groomed online way before discord bro.

I just want kids to stop getting groomed, if you're over 18 then do whatever the hell you want, but atleast make an effort to keep little billy or susy out of the cesspool.

Maybe I was little harsh but you can't deny that discord is sus as forget.
True that discord is for losers and cigarettes

I just want kids to stop getting groomed, if you're over 18 then do whatever the hell you want, but atleast make an effort to keep little billy or susy out of the cesspool.

Maybe I was little harsh but you can't deny that discord is sus as forget.
And creepphils

one of my friends is so stubborn he refuses to move on from teamspeak, despite everyone getting on discord years ago

Going to transition over to AOL chat rooms, nobody gets groomed there.

one of my friends is so stubborn he refuses to move on from teamspeak, despite everyone getting on discord years ago
how much must he enjoy speaking to himself

im unfriending you all on myspace

teenagers were getting groomed online way before discord bro.
there's always people trying to pin blame for child abuse on a specific community or mode of interaction or whatever, cus if you can blame something specific then you don't really have 2 solve the problem. for most of recent history "stranger danger" has been such a big deal, then it turned out that actually most child abuse is perpetrated by people the kids know and trust. but that's harder to fix than just telling kids not to talk to strangers, so even now that's still what people teach kids

suggesting that kids shouldn't use discord is simply easier than ousting the child enthusiasts in your servers. it doesn't even require you to do anything remotely substantial. how convenient :)

there's always people trying to pin blame for child abuse on a specific community or mode of interaction or whatever, cus if you can blame something specific then you don't really have 2 solve the problem. for most of recent history "stranger danger" has been such a big deal, then it turned out that actually most child abuse is perpetrated by people the kids know and trust. but that's harder to fix than just telling kids not to talk to strangers, so even now that's still what people teach kids

suggesting that kids shouldn't use discord is simply easier than ousting the child enthusiasts in your servers. it doesn't even require you to do anything remotely substantial. how convenient :)
most of these grooming situations happen from these larger public servers though, where its easier to "make new friends"

i feel like the internet has gotten a lot more lax with the "you must be 13 to use this website/service" rule

back in my day as soon as anyone found out someone was a minor they would get permanently banned from anything. sure, some just never told anyone, but it was better than nothing

i feel like the internet has gotten a lot more lax with the "you must be 13 to use this website/service" rule

back in my day as soon as anyone found out someone was a minor they would get permanently banned from anything. sure, some just never told anyone, but it was better than nothing

Except that during the old internet some sight just required you to but at least 13 or up to join a forum or so. If anything I think some site (especially discord and such) have not enforced the "you must be 13+ to use this website/service" thing for a long time now at least in my opinion.

Except that during the old internet some sight just required you to but at least 13 or up to join a forum or so. If anything I think some site (especially discord and such) have not enforced the "you must be 13+ to use this website/service" thing for a long time now at least in my opinion.
discord enforces it quite heavily actually. if they find any server not banning users under 13 they get a TOS violation strike, and if they continue to not moderate their server to enforce it the server gets nuked

the issue is confirming whether or not the account belongs to a minor cause everyone and their kid knows that kids never put their real birthdate into account registrations