The "forget Wal-Mart" Thread | forget all things Wal-Mart

Author Topic: The "forget Wal-Mart" Thread | forget all things Wal-Mart  (Read 2400 times)

Disclaimer: This thread mainly focuses on Wal-Mart's effect in the United States and China.

Wal-Mart is a company that supports Child Slavery and Slave Wages. While they're not supporting human-rights abuses, they're sucking all the wealth out of any area they step into and leaving them an empty husk.

Nearly every low price at Wal-Mart isn't low without some other trade-off.

First, and foremost. Wal-Mart prays on low-income Americans, although I know many people who shop at Wal-Mart are not low-income. Wal-Mart is convenient, the prices are low, and they typically even have a subway just before you leave the building. But this is all a honey-pot to take away what little buying power low income Americans may have.

Let's side track a minute, and talk Local-Business and Local-Business that sources items Locally.

Minimally items from outside of the community are imported,
therefore minimal amounts of foreign shipping companies are paid,
and therefore foreign manufacturing doesn't take very much money out of your community.

Compared to Chain-Businesses.

Now, in this situation, foreign shipping and manufacturing is the what
makes up a Chain-Stores items and therefore means that most of the
money goes out of the community, rather than coming back into it.

And for the sake of brevity and not making an eye-sore chart, the fat cats pocketing money is included in foreign shipping/manufacturing.

That bottom chart, is Wal-Mart in it's purest form. And as you shop there more, you become more dependent on it, since it prays on the logic "I can't afford that" And as they export your income, more and more, this mindset will become stronger and stronger. Eventually, even Wal-Mart will become too expensive.

Wall of Personal "People of Wal-Mart" experiences:
If you have ever been to Wal-Mart, you'll know what I'm talking about, but basically it's like Wal-Mart is a different dimension.
Share your experiences if you have any, or how it effected your community, and I'll quote it and post it here. for now, it's blank tho.

TL;DR SHOP LOCALLY. Avoid stores that excessively import items and therefore export your community's buying power. And above all else. forget Wal-Mart.

your forehead looks like the wal-mart logo

your forehead looks like the wal-mart logo

The Seal of Wal-Martichalchos takes all.

MART-LAW fact-checking/debunking team #499-20A1 will be entering this thread soon, please comply with all official MART-LAW instructions upon arrival

this is a pretty based thread

are you implying foreign importing and exporting of goods is supposedly bad for an economy built on foreign trade

im pretty sure i witnessed a drug deal in a wal mart parking lot

are you implying foreign importing and exporting of goods is supposedly bad for an economy built on foreign trade
No. But that's the problem.

Our import to export ratio is unbalanced.

We're importing more than we export. And the amount we are making on imports is not enough to cover export expenses.

this is the funniest thing I've seen all day thanks matthew

gam'eingnn!!! !! Wooo ye a a  a holy siihwtkkj1!!

my wife thought it'd be a good idea to do the order online walmart pick up thing (which I said NOT to do) and whoever did the picking out of the groceries gave us expired sour cream. never let another person do your shopping

I try to avoid walmart when I can especially for grocery shopping, go aldis!

MART-LAW fact-checking/debunking team #499-20A1 will be entering this thread soon, please comply with all official MART-LAW instructions upon arrival
reporting for duty sir

i love walmart. dont be a hater

the most based thing is the custom thread logo.

all memeing aside big corp has and continues to be a big issue and im honestly surprised you only started hating walmart now.