The "Feel Old Yet?" Thread | Post things to remind yourself of the passage of time

Author Topic: The "Feel Old Yet?" Thread | Post things to remind yourself of the passage of time  (Read 5288 times)

i started playing blockland 10 years ago (demo) and bought my key 8 years ago
this game is representative of my late childhood and the entirety of my teens. i love you all

edit: some other random factoids:
-minecraft 1.0 and terraria were released 10 years ago
-roblox started existing 15 years ago
-windows xp was released 20 years ago, vista 14 years ago, 7 10 years ago, 8 9 years ago, 10 6 years ago
-halo 2 was released 17 years ago, 3 was released 14 years ago
-wizard101 was released 13 years ago and is (somehow) still online
-the ps4 and xbox one were released 8 years ago
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:16:25 PM by Mr Queeba »

i bought blockland in march 2012, nearly 9 forgetin years ago
I bought it in 2008 amigo. I've been a blockland bitch for well over half my life now. the forget is goin on

I bought it in 2008 amigo. I've been a blockland bitch for well over half my life now. the forget is goin on
I can beat that; I've been here since 2005, a decade and a half ago

I can beat that; I've been here since 2005, a decade and a half ago
arent u like 30

In badspots defence though, interiors & terrain really are extremely dated and are a pain in the ass to work with.
i will also add on just because i never see anyone bring this up: virtually no one was hosting a terrian/interior based map at the time of the switch. at the time it really did seem like the community made the conscious decision that slate edits were superior to interior maps because thats all anyone hosted. it was disappointing to see cause i liked interiors, but i welcomed shaders and flat maps if everyone was just gonna choose to host that way anyways 

I turned 21 in February. A person with my username on this forum can now legally drink, and I think that’s scary.

I’ve also been on the forums for over almost a decade now wtf

I originally discovered Blockland through an ad on a website called Dan-Ball while playing a powder physics simulator (https://dan-ball.jp/en/javagame/dust/).

When I discovered this game, it was back in 2008/2009 and I was in the 5th grade iirc. I miss all the memories that I would have coming home from school and rushing to finish my homework just to hang out with some friends and mess around with events.

jesus christ that's exactly how i found the game as well