SwiftHyena's Development & Experiments Topic

Author Topic: SwiftHyena's Development & Experiments Topic  (Read 5815 times)

The problem I had with the beta test map or whatever was it felt “off”. Especially since the ground is using the actual plate map’s ground, and everything is just laid on top of it. Plus, the “water” is all like... raised ten feet above the ground.

The problem I had with the beta test map or whatever was it felt “off”. Especially since the ground is using the actual plate map’s ground, and everything is just laid on top of it. Plus, the “water” is all like... raised ten feet above the ground.
The map being flat is more of a problem with OSM2World. I've never been able to get it to generate proper terrain, and even if I could, I'd still keep everything flat for optimization purposes. The only thing that wont be flat in the new version of the map are the bridges/overpasses. As for the water, I did that originally so that it wouldn't flicker from afar because it was so close to the ground, but nowadays I think the same thing as you. To address that issue in the new map, I've extruded the water slightly. It's still obviously just going to be some strange water object that you cant float anything on or swim in and is really shallow, but there isn't really much I can do about it.

Nvm I changed my mind. I talk a lot of BS about that kind of stuff. Still unsure if I want to continue working on O'ahu though.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 01:15:53 PM by SwiftHyena2593 »

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 09:23:00 AM by SwiftHyena2593 »

AHHH Yes, my childhood!

Please don't mess this one up; it's good stuff.