14 (25%)
modding
12 (21.4%)
community
11 (19.6%)
building stuff
19 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Why did you keep playing Blockland?  (Read 4426 times)

Its nice to come back and experience some nostalgia of the good times. I hope some day badspot might run ads again or hand the game off to another person to continue development for the game.

also i passed out and died while playing reinforcements' base raiders and im stuck there forever now

At the moment, Blockland is arguably the most robust and streamlined Lego-like sandbox out there. Coupled with the event system and expansive add-on library, there isn't really anything like it, and likely won't be for a long time (at least not until Brickadia gets finished).

sometimes i like to do some art w/ blockland assets so i kept playing to work on those w/ builds

At the moment, Blockland is arguably the most robust and streamlined Lego-like sandbox out there. Coupled with the event system and expansive add-on library, there isn't really anything like it, and likely won't be for a long time (at least not until Brickadia gets finished).
This is also what makes Blockland so special to me, i, like probably many others here, have enjoyed and played with Legos since we were kids, and no game has ever come close to the fun of playing with Legos online with friends than Blockland has

i like making servers

I still find blockland as the easiest thing to freely build in, no other game can I build exactly how I wanna build, plus the game still has charm to me

Been here since ‘09. I kept playing because I liked to make immersive RPG-like systems using VCE (never could find out how to mod properly for my needs) and got to the point where I was making special SFX for them just to take them to the next level. And goofing around with friends to make bots do silly things. Even as my windows computer crashed and all I had was my macbook, I still played after shaders were no longer supported on my device. When I updated to whichever update made 32-bit applications obsolete, that was basically the last time I played Blockland. I miss being able to play it, and probably could if I ran it on my wife's computer, but I'd both never hear the end of it and would still not have enough time to sink into projects like I used to be able to do. Maybe someday I'll have another chance with another computer, but I'm holding out until I can buy something that can run more than Blockland. Was a load of fun while it lasted, though.

The fun servers, eventing was super and it was one of the first games where I made a quite bit of friends (that I sadly do not talk to anymore)

i can make whatever, even if nobody plays it i enjoy it
made a quite bit of friends (that I sadly do not talk to anymore)
maybe the real blockland was the friends we made along the way

I made a quite bit of friends

although this is an opinionated question, this is the right answer

It's just such a unique experience. There's not much left in the game for me these days, but every couple of years I might boot it up again and see what the community is up to. I enjoy looking through Add-Ons and Gallery, as well. Always a joy to see how creative people can be.

It's just such a unique experience. There's not much left in the game for me these days, but every couple of years I might boot it up again and see what the community is up to. I enjoy looking through Add-Ons and Gallery, as well. Always a joy to see how creative people can be.
this is pretty spot on