[1.0] (Vehicle) Rivera Genesis

Author Topic: [1.0] (Vehicle) Rivera Genesis  (Read 4156 times)

The Rivera Genesis is a 2021-remastered of one of the first cars I had in high school: The 1995 Ford Crown Victoria. It's a very simple design that is packed with multiple fun features!

Including, but not limited to:
  • 4 Variants: Default, PI (Police Interceptor), Taxi, and Donk
  • CVS Categories: Body, BodyTop (Taxi and Default Only), Front, Back, Hood, Roof, Trunk, Glass (Default Only), Pushbar
  • Engine Sound Support
  • Randomized Taxi Advertisements (Not Dependant on CVS)
  • Shift-Brick Donk Hydraulic Controls (See keymap below)
  • Shift-Brick Police Controls: Bullhorn, Siren, Yelp, and Wail
  • Police Liveries: Default, Sheriff [Metro Dade], HW Patrol [NYPD], State Trooper, Mall Security, and Border Patrol
  • Horn Support - Mouseclick to honk/use bullhorn!

If using default brick controls, I have made a keymap for how you can use the hydraulics on the Donk variant. If supershift is enabled, the set you toggle will bounce.

Downloads!

Requires both Support_Garage and Support_EngineSounds to work properly!

Download from Glass

Download from Blockland Online

Special Thanks To:
Corpora1Bird, Dragonslayer182, Lemon Tart, Kane - Testing
Cordax, Kane - Taxi Advertisements
Teneksi - Coding for Police Script, Taxi Adverts, and more!
Buddy - Development of the Engine Sounds

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 12:17:51 PM by Night_Hawk »

Hey! I'm also looking to add more advertisements to the taxi variant! There is currently 5 to choose from, and I would love to incorporate 5 more! DM me if you have any submissions.

Must be 512x512 pixels

looks the same as all the other cars

looks the same as all the other cars

words of a man who doesnt care about cars

That's carcist
Nah. Any -ist thing is in regards to discriminating something specifically because of something (such as race or love, or in this case, cars). Saying they all look the same isn't discriminatory.

Nah. Any -ist thing is in regards to discriminating something specifically because of something (such as race or love, or in this case, cars). Saying they all look the same isn't discriminatory.
That was clearly a joke, by the way congratulations on the car man! A fine sedan indeed, wish they sold these here in Brazil.

wdym??
it's just another car that looks like it's from a unity game that you find in a 250k's freebuild or rp server that pesters you with 47 centerprints and chat messages about support mods when you mount it and has barely functional hands-on-wheel script and has just enough nodes in the model to not completely kill any client that ghosts it

it's just another car that looks like it's from a unity game that you find in a 250k's freebuild or rp server that pesters you with 47 centerprints and chat messages about support mods when you mount it and has barely functional hands-on-wheel script and has just enough nodes in the model to not completely kill any client that ghosts it
There will be more 

That's a complete exaggeration on your part, first of all there are only two support add-ons, the reason they're separate mods is because it would increase the datablocks a lot more if they were packed in every single car, so having it as a support add-on reduces that load, if the same vehicle would require a LOT of extra add-ons to function I would understand your complaint, but two? That shoudn't be an issue.

Second, what "47 centerprints?" We're currently using one material file that contains all colors that the car model uses to exactly reduce the ammount of files used, along with extra stickers or liveries if the same car uses it.

Third, these vehicles are made for the part of the community that enjoys driving in Blockland, I don't judge you for not seeing it, but there are a lot of players who are indeed enthusiastic about having cars they like in the game, regardless if one can look similar to the other, there is a considerable ammount of people in the game that likes it and we receive requests to make more from time to time, I don't see you being negative with the guns side of the community, with people who asks for the same guns that were made before several times, but with different functionality and modelling style, because that's what they enjoy and they're totally free to ask for more because the community has a lot of interest on weapons as well.

Fourth, we stresstested countless vehicles together in several servers that uses the custom vehicle support add-on, cars that also includes plenty of parts, and no issues happened because we know how to use this mod, we know how to make it functional without being a complete mess for clients, causing overloads in the game, that issue might happen with older vehicles that uses this mod before we discovered how to optimize them.

I get that you don't like vehicles, but do you seriously think it's necessary to jump in and complain about every single thing that we make for Blockland cars because it's not barebones like the Default Jeep like how you so desire? The most fascinating thing about Blockland Add-Ons is how they evolved over the years, everything became much more advanced, I'm talking bricks, builds, weapons, items, server mods and of course vehicles, we like to challenge ourselves to see how much we can improve modelling and programming, specially with a game that runs on a very old engine, and recently we took some really impressive breakthroughs with our vehicles, adding features that were unthinkable years ago like customization, a proper lights system and most recently the engine sounds, and the results are there for the community to enjoy.

If we were forced to keep things like the default jeep, extremelly simple and no extra features at all, the vehicle modding side of the Blockland community would have died down years ago because what would be the fun in that? And hey I get it, you don't like what we're doing and I totally respect that, we're totally aware that what we do don't appeal to everyone and that's fine, but there is no reason to keep trashing us when you can just download what you enjoy instead.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 03:17:20 PM by Filipe »

Kokonut has a special interest for complaining, so don't be surprised really