car thread v3

Author Topic: car thread v3  (Read 4370 times)

daily reminder that a killswitch is 100% necessary, it was the only reason why my car wasn’t stolen last night
stuff good to hear it wasn't stolen. I've been putting it off for a while now, I live in a good neighborhood where the only crime is speeding and underaged drinking, but I still should install one.

daily reminder that a killswitch is 100% necessary, it was the only reason why my car wasn’t stolen last night
What kind of stuffbox do you drive?

What kind of stuffbox do you drive?
92 civic hatchback (with a now broken ignition)

92 civic hatchback (with a now broken ignition)
Oh yeah bro, those are so insanely easy to steal.

Oh yeah bro, those are so insanely easy to steal.
How would you know? ( ་ ⍸ ་ )

How would you know? ( ་ ⍸ ་ )
Well I'm an auto electrician so I also install alarms on cars LOL.

personally, my car security goes as followed:

- live in a nice area
- use my central locking
- maybe use the big yellow steering lock.

had this guy break into my dad's truck a year ago (to steal powertools) when I had an AE86 and it made me dead paranoid of owning it.

my car security is:
- have a manual
- have a stuff looking car
- dont leave anything of value inside

its worked so far

i also have a dash cam (which mysteriously has no footage of the thief in action 🤔)

Well I'm an auto electrician so I also install alarms on cars LOL.
would it be better to try and install and alarm myself, or just pay someone else to do it? i have a basic understanding of car electrical systems, though i haven't really worked on them much. just wondering if it'd be worth trying to save some money

tbh the whole "manual = no theft" is kind of a meme, i've had a few friends get their manual cars stolen, myself included. that being said i do live in a sketchy neighborhood.

how much should i bid on a non running rx7 fc na miata
5k. fight the absurd miata price increases. give me hope to buy an NA for cheap soon.

na miatas are a scam
- loud asf at like 30mph
- everyone will think you work at a salon and go to gay clubs on the weekends
- if you dont find a hardtop somebody will cut open your roof and steal your novelty pink shifter knob thats shaped like a snake

mazda has played us for absolute fools

i'm a woman and i would love it if men thought i went to gay clubs on the weekends. maybe they'd leave me alone and stop trying to run me over with their camaros.

5k. fight the absurd miata price increases. give me hope to buy an NA for cheap soon.
I actually saw like 5 in my area go for under 4k on the FB marketplace. All but one were running. Hopefully it means prices start to go down soon, I'm glad I didn't buy one for 8k a few months ago haha

I don't know if anyone here remembers, but back in early 2017, I briefly had a 1989 Toyota Corolla sedan, but had to sell it back to the owner cus couldn't afford it at the time

But now, I have it again :^)

Basically gonna be restoring / modding it as time goes on. It pretty much sat for 6 years straight lol, really needs a lotta TLC

Runs great, but the vacuum advance isn't hooked up due to the previous owner removing literally all of it, so gotta figure out how to do-up the vacuum system again (it's a 5 speed manual, so when you're idling forward without gas, due to the vac advance not hooked up, it bucks like a mule lol)

Basically needs new interior pieces entirely, but they all still work tho, minus the radio and gas gauge

Got a new radio + speakers coming in on sunday too :^)

Fun as forget car to drive, worth the $500