Brickadia Medieval RPG

Author Topic: Brickadia Medieval RPG  (Read 4548 times)

what you mean what I explained it

Legally you have to be 13+ to be on the internet anyways
there is no minimum age to use the internet. the 13+ rule is COPPA law which says companies can't collect information about kids under 13.

Getting ready to start up the medieval RPG soon brickadia has no add-on support yet so best we can do is RP for the time being.
You say this as if they actually will give the game add-on support

You say this as if they actually will give the game add-on support
Finally someone that agrees!
Mod support in unreal is hard, mod support in a multiplayer game is harder, and mod support to the extent of blockland is almost impossible for any game not written in the tourque engine.
If they didn’t build the game from the ground up to be moddable like blockland I doubt it will be moddable.
But alas, Im sure some support will be added, though not like blockland. We will see, they seem to have hope, so we should too.
*cough* They should have picked unity *cough*

Idk I'm changing my position on Brickadia modding because whilst you're definitely not going to be externally writing scripts for UE4 and compiling it at runtime it's possible to design the game from the ground up in a way that supports something similar to wrench events but hopefully way better that reaches out to every part of the game. I haven't really seen evidence of this happening and that would essentially require it to be the most ambitious "mod"-support ever attempted in UE4 on a really tiny team but the more I become involved with gamedev the more I see Zeblote loving everywhere on the internet and I think he is a monster. I don't know how you're supposed to pipeline stuff like custom models into a UE4 game though and obviously it won't be as versatile as Torque but I am hopeful for the success of behaviors and I am no longer concerned about Brickadia prematurely killing Blockland because a dipstuff methhead already beat them to it. Hopefully behaviors comes out before I have a wife and kids.

That being said I foresee Brickadia's biggest problem being it's highly sensitive community blocking stuff like voice chat

I am talking to two bots run by Zapk right now
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 11:44:29 AM by Crook »

zeb and port are programming monsters and as a qa privy to some of the behaviors discussion its ambitious as forget and it looks like they’re gonna deliver

also unity is probably even worse to develop modding for because the engine developers have no personal interest in adding real support besides “some games would like it”, while unreal 4 developers have a desire cause fortnite modding iirc is something epic wants to do + developers probably get paid more

Unitys pretty good imo the asset system is swaglicious and csharpcodeprovider/reflection slaps. But unity as a company is poorly managed

Unitys pretty good imo the asset system is swaglicious and csharpcodeprovider/reflection slaps. But unity as a company is poorly managed
This. Importing packages and reflection are not only easily to implement, but for the most part pretty native to unity.
Unity company is very badly managed though. Still waiting in official multiplayer support.

Do we know if Brickadia is getting voip?

prox voip is something they could implement relatively quickly that would open up huge rp content options right now without a need for complex gamemodes
theres a weird system for it but Yeah it exists

Also for unity being horrible to develop on, any game or game engine is more about community than the developers. Take blockland for example.
As for engine’s there are probably 10x more unity developers (though probably less skilled), plenty of community open source fixes of what unity was unable to officially implement, and overall is easier to use than the blueprint/c++ hybrid.

with the rate that they're adding weapons and hats i'd assume that there's a decent pipeline for new content

with the rate that they're adding weapons and hats i'd assume that there's a decent pipeline for new content
little harder after the game has been compiled