i can't believe these forums are still here.

Author Topic: i can't believe these forums are still here.  (Read 6588 times)

I’ve started popping in every so often after the last few years (even just describing something using that amount of time seems batstuff crazy to me wow). I had a dream the other night of Blockland and immediately rushed to the forums when I awoke to make sure that something was still left of my beloved virtual adolescence. To my relief, a few users were still keeping vigil. I was nearly driven to tears. I remember exploring countless worlds that players had built piece-by-piece with amazing friends from around the globe. I remember surviving zombie apocalypses. I remember the dozens if not hundreds of Bedroom DMs. The death races. The freebuilds. Kalphy’s legendary NYE parties. I remember so much of it, and I owe so much of this to people who have seemingly vanished from the face of the earth. I will likely never know them again. But in these moments, we were adversaries, comrades, and friends. Our fates converged at the same time a bright flash known as Blockland consumed us, if only for that moment. After all, that’s all it was: a flash. An fantastical eyeblink in time that we will always carry with us.

Friends, we’ve made it. We sit stoking the embers of a once-raging inferno, tending it if only to be in each other’s company for just a little bit longer. Soon, the sun will rise again, and the fire will no longer needed. Still, we will always know that the fire not only kept us warm, but gathered us around it to enjoy the warmth together.

Edit: crazy to think that Blockland used to be populated by several hundred users (if not more) at a time. Hope to see y’all on Brickadia someday.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 12:34:56 AM by Col. Derontchi »

I’ve started popping in every so often after the last few years (even just describing something using that amount of time seems batstuff crazy to me wow). I had a dream the other night of Blockland and immediately rushed to the forums when I awoke to make sure that something was still left of my beloved virtual adolescence. To my relief, a few users were still keeping vigil. I was nearly driven to tears. I remember exploring countless worlds that players had built piece-by-piece with amazing friends from around the globe. I remember surviving zombie apocalypses. I remember the dozens if not hundreds of Bedroom DMs. The death races. The freebuilds. Kalphy’s legendary NYE parties. I remember so much of it, and I owe so much of this to people who have seemingly vanished from the face of the earth. I will likely never know them again. But in these moments, we were adversaries, comrades, and friends. Our fates converged at the same time a bright flash known as Blockland consumed us, if only for that moment. After all, that’s all it was: a flash. An fantastical eyeblink in time that we will always carry with us.

Friends, we’ve made it. We sit stoking the embers of a once-raging inferno, tending it if only to be in each other’s company for just a little bit longer. Soon, the sun will rise again, and the fire will no longer needed. Still, we will always know that the fire not only kept us warm, but gathered us around it to enjoy the warmth together.

Edit: crazy to think that Blockland used to be populated by several hundred users (if not more) at a time. Hope to see y’all on Brickadia someday.
read the beginning of this as "I've started pooping in"

read the beginning of this as "I've started pooping in"
Might as well be, I figure most of what's left at this point is just stuffposts. Lord Tony is pretty much carrying the daily postcount on his back.

A truly heartfelt summary. Thanks for sharing what I believe many of us are feeling.  Blockland is truly incredible. I hope Brickadia can carry on with their plans or in the very least someone make something better. It seems Time keeps marching forward.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 04:08:07 PM by soldier101@ »

-snip-
Blockland was a huge part of my childhood. The games, the builds, the drama, the laughs. It was truly an amazing time.

Looking at brickadia though it looks like it was built off blockland lol.

-emotional snip-
*wipes tear* sniff that was absolutely beautiful.

my heart, my soul. what a heartfelt message man. right in the feels

well, it did affect my general demeanor and personality

good times

if anyone wants to test a theory that badspot has completely abandoned the forums, try posting something you shouldn't really post and see how long it stays up for.
personally, i think he's just going to make the forums vanish into obscurity and not pay the rent to have it hosted which explains it all if the above holds up and why he hasn't done anything since last year.

oh and this won't happen again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 09:21:09 AM by MunkeyCheez »

oh and this won't happen again.
Witnessing the playercount then vs now hurts. Id just forgotten too. Its been long enough I thought what we have was normal. Curse you for reminding me.

if anyone wants to test a theory that badspot has completely abandoned the forums, try posting something you shouldn't really post and see how long it stays up for.
Hot Anime Girls & Furry Megathread: NSFW End-Times Edition

Hot Anime Girls & Furry Megathread: NSFW End-Times Edition
I mean, you have any alts left?

My only alt does not have a key attached to it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

at this point idk why badspot doesn't just shut down the game and the forums at this point if he's not going to bother with them anymore

man this hurts to see nowadays