Project Zomboid

Author Topic: Project Zomboid  (Read 2203 times)

I think it's pretty neat, has anyone else here played it?

I think it is pretty neat. Loved the demo, probably played that for a hour, was not able to cough up the funds at the time to buy it. Now that I am reminded of it, I may take a look at it.
You have any good memories you’d like to share?
Had much changed since early access?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 03:08:08 PM by soldier101@ »

I think it is pretty neat. Loved the demo, probably played that for a hour, was not able to cough up the funds at the time to buy it. Now that I am reminded of it, I may take a look at it.
Heck yes, With the build 41 public beta we get 3D player and zombie models, I believe 3d car models too but im not 100% sure about that.
We're getting the build 41.51 update which adds jumpscare orchestral noises when you are startled very soon. The official NPCS have been removed by the devs but there is a workshop mod that adds them back in albeit a bit goofy cause the mod is work in progress and not made by a native english speaker lmao, it's tolerable as a mod though.

Well being a new player, the first time I played was the most memorable, I started in a trailer in muldraugh or rosewood, then I went outside to look around and ended up drawing too much attention to myself while the infected started breaking through windows around me in a trailer, it was dramatic while the soundtrack ramped up in the midst of the action and I escaped. And recently when a meta-game event referred to as the Helicopter event (A helicopter will circle above your base and follow you around, drawing a horde unintentionally to your base on the 5th day in game) started and I had to get in my car and bust a slick one away from my base just in time, I came back and my base had been destroyed by zombies, windows broke, doors torn off their hinges, it was a mess, almost like something out of a movie.

This game really charms me, It has workshop mods, a customizable apocalypse sandbox meaning you can have scenarios like World-War Z intelligent infected and 28 Days later infected with sprinters, and even the Walking Dead shamblers because there's an option called "Everyone's Infected" and all it takes is a scratch, bite or laceration to trigger the virus. It's a very neat game.

I like getting a few friends on and treating the experience like a horror movie, so no respawns if we die. Getting injured or becoming sick is already enough of a problem for everyone else that has to take care of you, so it feels pretty dramatic knowing that it's over if you make a mistake.

Also whomever is handling the quarantine in that world is a bitch.

Also whomever is handling the quarantine in that world is a bitch.
Assuming they even knew what was coming, There are safehouses / barricaded houses but even then it seems the inhabitants turned or committed Self Delete. (I've found corpses with empty bleach bottles or firearms on them implying they kicked the bucket) A good majority of the houses in game can be broken into with the regular method (breaking the window, removing glass, climbing in) so if you can get in through the windows I'm sure they zombies have no issue with that either.

Still waiting for B41 multiplayer to come out, should be in ~5 months.

Pretty decent but gets boring pretty quick imo

also guns are so useless in the game, legit worse than the xcom meme

Still waiting for B41 multiplayer to come out, should be in ~5 months.

I reallllllllllllllllly hope so. It's been postponed forever at this point.

Pretty decent but gets boring pretty quick imo

also guns are so useless in the game, legit worse than the xcom meme

Yessir the guns are absolutely loving awful. Although it depends on your moodle/emotions. If you're panicked you're not going to aim or shoot as well or hit very well with melee either. I also believe your aiming skill has a lot to do with how well you can hit enemies / zombies with a gun.
Having the veteran occupation will help with aiming.

Also every use of a gun calls in about 1000 zombies to your current location

Yessir the guns are absolutely loving awful. Although it depends on your moodle/emotions. If you're panicked you're not going to aim or shoot as well or hit very well with melee either. I also believe your aiming skill has a lot to do with how well you can hit enemies / zombies with a gun.
Having the veteran occupation will help with aiming.
I've cheated and used guns with the best possible stats and etc, they still are insanely useless and miss most of the time

Also every use of a gun calls in about 1000 zombies to your current location

It draws them out of the woodwork. I wouldn't use them unless an NPC attacks you (if you have that mod) or another player attacks you (when multiplayer is enabled again) other than that zombies don't really take damage like players and NPCs do. They don't bleed out or have to bandage themselves and don't feel pain like the player does.

I've cheated and used guns with the best possible stats and etc, they still are insanely useless and miss most of the time

Not surprising tbh you're better off using melee in PZ.

Anyone else really like the game's soundtrack??