Author Topic: aide33 is moved into new york city  (Read 1195 times)

still getting my stuff together but so far so good

give me ideas on things to do in bald eagle land

New york seems good, I wouldn't call it bald eagle land if you are wanting to use firearms, as they are stricter than the rest of the nation regarding that matter.
Other than that, new york is pretty nice. Ive never been there as a resident, only a business trip that was very brief so I don't know much about it's intricacies.
There were alot more quality establishments  (restaurants, cafe's, stores) than my home town, but I think this can be expected for alot of the cities.
The nature is pretty nice during the seasonal changes, though I would argue that you wouldn't be seeing much of it if you are in the city.
Wether any of my opinions hold up post covid or not, Good luck to you! Sounds like you are going through change in life. And though prematurely, Welcome to America!
imo its a pretty great nation, though I am based. I dont know what you will think living in one of the larger cities.

my boyfriend and i just went back in May, he lived there for 5 years so we didn't have much trouble getting around which was nice. i'm not sure which part of NYC you're in but if you like ramen, Ippudo Westside on w51st is the best ramen i've ever had. the Nintendo store was a bit disappointing, but i'm not sure what i was expecting other than random franchise merch and some Switch games. they have all the Amiibos on display which is cool i guess, i think the only things i found truly interesting were the melted GameBoy that got bombed during the Gulf War and the glass case containing their entire history of mobile consoles. FAO Schwartz is definitely worth the visit just for the pure wonderment of it all, it's the only place i've ever been that i can unironically say felt "magical". there's a neat retro games store called J & L Game off 6th ave between 38th and 39th, i picked up a copy of Fighter Destiny 2, and Mario Party 3 in Japanese in the original box and plastic cover.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 05:30:17 AM by VerticalHorizon »

New york seems good, I wouldn't call it bald eagle land if you are wanting to use firearms, as they are stricter than the rest of the nation regarding that matter.

Even stricter than my state CommieCalifornia?  :cookieMonster:

my boyfriend and i just went back in May, he lived there for 5 years so we didn't have much trouble getting around which was nice. i'm not sure which part of NYC you're in but if you like ramen, Ippudo Westside on w51st is the best ramen i've ever had. the Nintendo store was a bit disappointing, but i'm not sure what i was expecting other than random franchise merch and some Switch games. they have all the Amiibos on display which is cool i guess, i think the only things i found truly interesting were the melted GameBoy that got bombed during the Gulf War and the glass case containing their entire history of mobile consoles. FAO Schwartz is definitely worth the visit just for the pure wonderment of it all, it's the only place i've ever been that i can unironically say felt "magical". there's a neat retro games store called J & L Game off 6th ave between 38th and 39th, i picked up a copy of Fighter Destiny 2, and Mario Party 3 in Japanese in the original box and plastic cover.
ok this is the kind of recommendations i wanted

ill make sure to put all these on my tourist list
Other than that, new york is pretty nice. Ive never been there as a resident, only a business trip that was very brief so I don't know much about it's intricacies.
There were alot more quality establishments  (restaurants, cafe's, stores) than my home town, but I think this can be expected for alot of the cities.
The nature is pretty nice during the seasonal changes, though I would argue that you wouldn't be seeing much of it if you are in the city.
Wether any of my opinions hold up post covid or not, Good luck to you! Sounds like you are going through change in life. And though prematurely, Welcome to America!
imo its a pretty great nation, though I am based. I dont know what you will think living in one of the larger cities.
from what i gather nature isnt that far out of the city, there seems to be some nice places to hike only an hour away.

thanks for the good wishes, i think ill stay here as long as i like it, but so far its been great

Even stricter than my state CommieCalifornia?  :cookieMonster:
Way stricter than rural california. Urban california is probably about the same. Youd be surprised what you can get away with in rural california. And what you cant get away with, alot of people simply take a "vacation" once a year anyway to another state.

Way stricter than rural california. Urban california is probably about the same. Youd be surprised what you can get away with in rural california. And what you cant get away with, alot of people simply take a "vacation" once a year anyway to another state.

I mean that's not surprising given that rural counties here in California tend to lean "right" or conservative (which is really more moderate than you think) than in urban areas. If I had to be honest, it's mostly Southern California is where all that wacky clown stuff happens. But however I guess you have to include San Francisco too. Elsewhere though like Northern and Central Californians are okay people (With some exception as I said earlier).

By all means I've since moved up north, still in the LA county mind you, where I live now is a much smaller city with most of our neighbors being more moderate just like my parents are honestly so I can believe that.

it's mostly Southern California is where all that wacky clown stuff happens
Very, very true.

the tourists here can be some of th densest motherforgeters here in upstate especially now

please don't come to texas we have too many people as it is

please don't come to texas we have too many people as it is
worst case, ill visit, i dont think id like to live in texas