Windows OS Discussion: I installed Windows 11

Author Topic: Windows OS Discussion: I installed Windows 11  (Read 2045 times)

(clicky photos)

So I learned fairly recently that the Windows 11 Preview had been release, from the title of Master Matthew's thread funny enough.

Overall I like it a lot. My pc has/is FX-8370/NVIDIA 970 and some 16GB stuff ram. Windows 10 felt slow, opening start felt jittery, this is no longer a problem in Win11. Bubble windows are weird but everything is very smooth and actually feels like the next XP/7. I don't think gaming performance has been improved at all, pretty much the same but it's hard to tell.

Basically it's Gnome 3, the start menu is small though. YES you can move the start to the left side it doesn't need to be centered.

I installed with NO TPM. With this.
I don't know if this effects stability or if this will eventually cause your computer to straight stop working after an update but hell have fun.

Anyone else on Windows 11 at this point?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 03:42:29 PM by Soukuw »

970 gang unite! though Im not currently running one, I used my 970 fallout 4 edition for years. . . That thing ran everything fiiine.
Congratulations on windows 11!
I personally dont like the idea of a new windows, but thats just me. I am glad you liked it, and you actually used it so who knows, you are probably right. Dagnabbit you probably installed a virus, but the laughs are worth it.

So I learned fairly recently that the Windows 11 Preview had been release, from the title of Master Matthew's thread funny enough.

I switched to Pop OS... the transition has been very smooth. Most games work with little tweaks.

Siege is no loss to me, but even if it were. When SteamOS 3 drops... I can play it again.

I can't believe I was on windows for so long.

But if I do ever need it again. I do have it dual booted. eventually I plan on converting that to a Virtual Machine though. So I can finally accomplish my endgame.

Keeping Windows in a Window.

Glad Win11 works for you, it doesn't for me though. I have had enough spyware OSes for one lifetime.

970 gang unite! though Im not currently running one, I used my 970 fallout 4 edition for years. . . That thing ran everything fiiine.
Congratulations on windows 11!
I personally dont like the idea of a new windows, but thats just me. I am glad you liked it, and you actually used it so who knows, you are probably right. Dagnabbit you probably installed a virus, but the laughs are worth it.
Possibly as there is one DLL I had to download to get it working but it did exactly what it was supposed to so I'm not really afraid of it IMO. All OS files were downloaded directly from Microsoft, I needed to fake having TPM Though to install.
I switched to Pop OS... the transition has been very smooth. Most games work with little tweaks.
Siege is no loss to me, but even if it were. When SteamOS 3 drops... I can play it again.
But if I do ever need it again. I do have it dual booted. eventually I plan on converting that to a Virtual Machine though. So I can finally accomplish my endgame.
Glad Win11 works for you, it doesn't for me though. I have had enough spyware OSes for one lifetime.
I have really enjoyed Linux in the past, I've tried distros from Ubuntu to Arch. I really enjoy that they usually are far smoother than Windows but when I start using programs like Photoshop or playing certain games it has compatibility issues... and when you get compatibility issues in a Linux distro it takes 5 years of experience with heavy tutorial reading to fix it.

But honestly so much has changed in the last 10 years I wouldn't know if my opinion is still right or not. When I booted Win11 I really was like "Damn this is finally as nice as linux was 5-10 years ago"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 03:23:24 PM by Soukuw »

[img ]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h456/Serge64/Bruce.gif[/img]
reportted 4 spm

-snip-
Legend! Keep on going! Only several more topics to go and you will have covered the whole active forums!

I've been ok with windows 11 once I figured out a context menu option was crashing my explorer, got used to the start in the centre surprisingly fast too.
I pretty much always open programs through search so having a few pinned icons is all I needed.

can you game on windows

can you game on windows
I thought you could only game on windows. Linux is always harder to game on unless specifically ported. As far as windows 11, I dont know.

I thought you could only game on windows. Linux is always harder to game on unless specifically ported. As far as windows 11, I dont know.

thats so cool im a windows fan now

thats so cool im a windows fan now
How did you not know this if you were playing blockland? Blockland wasnt ported to anything but windows, and I doubt people were running wine on linux when Blockland first came out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 11:11:47 AM by soldier101@ »

He knows, he's just trolling.

How did you not know this if you were playing blockland? Blockland wasnt ported to anything but windows, and I doubt people were running wine on linux when Blockland first came out.
Well it probably functioned with wine as there are tests for V9 over at WineHQ