What makes you stay?

Author Topic: What makes you stay?  (Read 11558 times)

just occasionally come back to see what's new. i guess it's really just nostalgia since when i was younger and this was like the only game i played when i was younger back in 2011-2013.

i've only ever managed to fully "join" three communities in my entire life, Blockland being #1, and the other two were not nearly to the same extent as this game.
at one point i was spending every single day of my life in this game and on these forums, 24 hours a day, talking with Blockland friends ingame or on MSN Messenger.
my life completely fell apart not long after finding this game, and being home schooled at the time, this was the only place i had to socialize and feel "at home".

so for years afterward, Blockland would be where i literally and metaphorically called home, and for that i will always feel some sense of belonging here- even though the community i knew has moved on and i don't really have a place anymore.
logging into the game and joining a server feels like driving back to the old neighborhood where you grew up and feeling a melancholic nostalgia seeing new and old faces, new and old houses, new and old roads, feeling like you've moved on physically but never really left mentally.
Holy stuff this, all of this. I'm not quite sure what it is about this game or this community that makes it stand out, but everywhere I have gone just doesn't hit the same as the Blockland community. This place really does feel like a home.

it's like a home but your parents are narcissists and all your siblings hate you and also each other

it's like a home but your parents are narcissists and all your siblings hate you and also each other
I am sorry that’s your perspective.
Though a onslaught of handicapation is inevitable on any forum, I’ve witnessed empathy here. I don’t believe most of us hate each other.

We all appreciate each other if we appreciate the game, because at the end of the day Blockland is Blockland because of the community.

its cool to come back and see what happens in the community every now and then. i make plenty of blockland art in blender bcus its feels nostalgic and nice to make up stories and paint them in 3d like i used to as a kid while roleplaying
u still a big bully?

brainrot

spent too much time on here as a wee lad and now i can never forget about this community even if i've expunged everything i've done here from my memory

I spent so much time here back in the day, good memories etc, it's nice to come back and feel the nostalgia.

although it's weird there's a lot of people I don't recognize, maybe it's cause avatars are different or something. doesn't help that the forums not being the old theme confuses my boomer brain

it's sad how much the forums have slown down, honestly some day I expect to pop in after four or five months away and find that forum.blockland.us won't load :(

I expect to pop in after four or five months away and find that forum.blockland.us won't load :(
before that happens i must know: have you ever changed your avatar at all? i remmeber seeing you years ago and you always had that angry avatar with cigarettes for teeth

i remmeber seeing you years ago and you always had that angry avatar with cigarettes for teeth
That's candy corn

spent too much time as a child playing this game that got me to a point of not leaving it ever, i come back now and then but don't play it consistently like i used to back in 2011-2016

spent too much time as a child playing this game that got me to a point of not leaving it ever, i come back now and then but don't play it consistently like i used to back in 2011-2016

brickadia doesn't hit the same way that bl did in its peak, and i find myself just not enjoying it at all. bl is the only community that i think i've ever gotten fully into

before that happens i must know: have you ever changed your avatar at all? i remmeber seeing you years ago and you always had that angry avatar with cigarettes for teeth

lol I haven't changed my avatar in yeaaars, I think before my current one I had this one:

big candy corn vampire fan if you can't tell :D

That's candy corn

oh wow i never realized. he celebrates halloween too!

lol I haven't changed my avatar in yeaaars, I think before my current one I had this one:

big candy corn vampire fan if you can't tell :D
yea thats a cool avatar. the dedication to that character is quite epic imo

I get on once or twice a month in hopes that the server list will take up the whole screen :(