is it propaganda that is forcing me to hate china?

Author Topic: is it propaganda that is forcing me to hate china?  (Read 2292 times)

global warming is probably a bad example because people in power have known about it for decades and decided to ignore it, no matter how capable they were of actually doing anything about it

global warming is probably a bad example because people in power have known about it for decades and decided to ignore it, no matter how capable they were of actually doing anything about it
china has done about 8x more than the usa in this respect though. they are responsible for a large majority of it(because of their manufacturing sector) but have recently widely expanded green infrastructure development so much compared to anything the usa has done

this can be attributed to the sheer size of industry and population china has though, so large scale change is needed
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 02:23:04 PM by Aide33 »

china has done about 8x more than the usa in this respect though.
china has produced half of the total co2 emissions that the US has with over 4 times the population

china has produced half of the total co2 emissions that the US has with over 4 times the population
and they are the world leading producer of green energy, almost double of what any other country does. they have curbed desertification, phasing out coal, and have much more aggressive targets for cutting all non-renewables.

they are tackling the issue at a much faster pace than the USA. meanwhile, in california, one of the most """liberal""" states, newsom keeps doing more and more fracking. the western part of the usa is crumbling into a desert. like 20% of all infrastructure in the USA will succumb to flooding and yet the government can barely get an infrastructure package out that would barely do anything to "climate change"-proof any infrastructure. any bills that have anything to do with green electricity are immediately labeled as communist and shot out
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 02:38:32 PM by Aide33 »

im still trying to figure out if we live in the timeline where the US does nothing while China switches to LNG and the US just ends up supplying it for them. or at least aids in supplying it

and they are the world leading producer of green energy, almost double of what any other country does. they have curbed desertification, phasing out coal, and have much more aggressive targets for cutting all non-renewables.

they are tackling the issue at a much faster pace than the USA. meanwhile, in california, one of the most """liberal""" states, newsom keeps doing more and more fracking. the western part of the usa is crumbling into a desert. like 20% of all infrastructure in the USA will succumb to flooding and yet the government can barely get an infrastructure package out that would barely do anything to "climate change"-proof any infrastructure. any bills that have anything to do with green electricity are immediately labeled as communist and shot out
oh i thought you were trying to say that china has produced more co2 than anyone else oops

I dont know if I trust china on their own co2 reports or their own bribee's co2 reports.
Also. . .
China
no evidence any genocide is being committed
Did I miss something?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 03:08:08 PM by soldier101@ »

I dont know if I trust china on their own co2 reports or their own bribee's co2 reports.
Also. . . Did I miss something?
i mean you dont have to believe them, you can measure it from the outside or you can directly visit their infrastructure and see how much green electricity installations they are building.

the default american perspective seems to always be "blablablablabla i cant hear you i dont believe anything can happen outside the usa"

china has constant independent investigations on its returns, not everything is muh propaganda just because it runs counter to your ideologue pickled brain

authority is what we need if we want to combat collective issues like climate change, separatism, or ongoing refugee crises, and every global power (something needed to fight collective issues) is imperialist by nature given power is zero sum
no evidence any genocide is being committed, it doesn’t even make any sense for them to do it. they’re likely just, forcibly or otherwise, assimilating uyghurs into chinese culture— something that’s legal and that they’ve done for centuries under a number of regimes

authority is what we need if we want to combat collective issues like climate change, separatism, or ongoing refugee crises, and every global power (something needed to fight collective issues) is imperialist by nature given power is zero sum
no evidence any genocide is being committed, it doesn’t even make any sense for them to do it. they’re likely just, forcibly or otherwise, assimilating uyghurs into chinese culture— something that’s legal and that they’ve done for centuries under a number of regimes

On authoritarianism, dealing with climate change doesn't necessitate living in an autocracy. Extensive surveillance, censorship and imprisonment of opposition are not justified.

Imperialism = bad

Genocide

On authoritarianism, dealing with climate change doesn't necessitate living in an autocracy. Extensive surveillance, censorship and imprisonment of opposition are not justified.
certainly a china-style government isn't necessary to take action against climate change, tho authoritarianism comes in many forms, and i think it's a bit disingenuous to presume they were implying a full autocracy is required to tackle climate change. you need an "authoritarian approach" to climate change in the sense that the government has to step in to expedite the switch to green energy, infrastructure, etc. because private actors will not be incentivized to do so until it is too late to avert its worst effects, something it appears that china (to its credit) has been willing to do. comparatively, the US is still arguably far too hesitant to turn any of the numerous dials they can control because blah blah big oil or something like that

I agree with the required amount of control, but what they absolutely were implying with that response was that China is justified in their authoritarianism in the name of battling climate change.

Why hate china?
Speaking of china, the Type 63 is an interesting example of the weird stuff china pulled off with dated equipment. Similar to how the US during WW1 had a lack of M1911 to issue to troops, they hired both Smith and Wesson and Colt to manufacture a .45ACP fed, easy to produce handgun for use by officers and MG teams, this caused the M1917 to be born.
Based on their larger framed civilian revolvers, the M1917 is a moon clip fed .45ACP revolver.

Now back to the Chinese, did you know the Type 63 is not an SKS? Despite it's outward appearance, it looks like simply and SKS with an AKM magazine, but it is in fact a mash of the two. Removing the SKS tilting bolt and replacing it with the rotating bolt system that their Type 56 (AK47 Type 3 licensed copy) that was fielded in 1956, the issue of fielding this new rifle was the lack of them available. It was a new design with new factories and tooling. The lack of fieldable Type 56s was a major issue, the requirement to have a full auto capable, yet long range capable rifle led to issues of just defaulting back to the old SKS.

The Type 63, which started it's development in 1959 entered service in 1968, which at that point (even when it was in development) made it very out dated. None the less, the Chinese, and the PLA used them, the PLA calling them the Type 68 after their adoption year, and the Chinese the Type 63 for their development end year.
Type 63s use a cut down 20-round "proprietary" magazine, firing the 7.62x39 round. The 30-round magazines had to have further modifications done to them to make them fit and fire one of the major ones was removing their Last Round Bolt Hold Open. The rotation bolt system allowed for this easy use of AK47 magazines, as well as allowing it to use (modified) AK parts. They were quickly used up and sold off to various countries, a few examples had their auto sears welded and were exported to countries like Australia for civilian sale, thankfully with the know-how they are easily reconverted to select fire.