1 (1.6%)
water is scary
6 (9.5%)
i am afraid of other things
9 (14.3%)
i aint scared :]
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: do you have phobias  (Read 2053 times)

mirrors forget with me heavily idk why
like alot of mirrors or just any mirror?

Heights are my ultimate fear, the most common nightmares I have are ones where I am placed in like a tall building and there are very thin walkways that are like 20 feet off the ground, clearly too high to fall and just get back up (these are almost 100% because of my middle/high school having a second floor where there was this balcony 20 feet off the ground that allowed people to see into the common area and its stage).

Spiders are kinda scary but tbh my fear of them is waning.

I'm also afraid of being in bodies of water, ranging from the ocean itself to literally a loving bath tub full of water. This fear usually is mitigated by being with other people and not being cold in the water. I just get this anxiety that something bad is going to happen, and I cannot stop thinking of like horrible storms and the possibility that like a sinkhole will open up underneath and drop me to dark, watery death. This also might be the only fear I have sparked by trauma since I've experienced many horrifying moments in water, such as almost drowning with my sister in a pool and fishing in the bayou when a horrible storm hit us, where it was raining pretty damn hard and the velocity of the boat made the rain feel like hail punching every part of my body. We did catch a lot of fish though, that was nice.

spiders, snakes, and any sort of confrontation irl (I can still deal and keep my outward composure even though I'm usually terrified)

like alot of mirrors or just any mirror?
any mirror like even the bathroom mirror i gotta dart my ass away from it its just WEIRD

Look at this screenshot i took

oceans in video games

i remember one of my first vr experiences being in Outerra. i free fell from space down to earth but didnt realize i was going to land dead center of an ocean, and because that game doesnt have water physics i fell multiple miles into pure black water almost immediately and i threw the headset off

I hate heights, and spiders. One time I was exploring an abandoned mill, I was probably 15 stories or so up, I peeked out over the edge of the roof and nearly fainted lol. Not sure how I'll ever get on an airplane.

I hate heights, and spiders. One time I was exploring an abandoned mill, I was probably 15 stories or so up, I peeked out over the edge of the roof and nearly fainted lol. Not sure how I'll ever get on an airplane.
airplanes are fine, just sit in a not-window seat and its just a bunch of rumbling and loud noise. its just a magic winged cylinder that teleports you to places.

nothing to fear but fear itself. i dunno what the name of that phobia is
oingophobia

Oooh they did weird science I knew the name sounded familiar

Yea, xenophobia and family values
(Chad)