Author Topic: I hope to God Brickadia is not most Blockland players choice as a successor  (Read 27573 times)

didn't someone already make an anti-microbrick mod?
i do agree its kinda excessive though. sylvanor's entire cabin is made exclusively out of microbricks smh my head my head
bold assumption that people can make mods

bold assumption that people can make mods
https://github.com/voximity/omegga-anti-microbrick
i mean, not a mod mod but still a way to prevent microbricks

if zeblote removes microbricks NOW the timeline is saved

This is outta left field, but I remember playing with a dude on Gravity Cat's knife duel (I think it was gravity cat's knife duel) This guy said he was actually Zloff on some alt-account his brother had or something. I told him that I don't believe him, so he got baby mad and joined back with the Zloff name, I didn't check the ID, dunno if you can spoof names, but I kept denying that it was really him and he had a meltdown. I was 14 at the time so the only thing I could think of to do was double down.

Back to the topic at hand. I don't know much about brickadia. I remember hopping on the discord when it was new, or new-ish. Some of the people and devs on there I really didn't like. I left shortly afterwards because I was tired of seeing the icon. Was there a timeline of events as I'm practically three years out of the loop. Honestly though, it just looks like Blockland with Minecraft "Realism" shaders and basically all the content missing.

Idk its kinda cool I like it.
The community isnt an issue to me probably because I dont talk to them much.
My monkey brain just likes shooting at the lego people I suppose. Speedkart in brickadia would be baller too.

the obvious solution is let the server host set whether or not microbricks are allowed to be used on the server, so that freebuilds dont universally degenerate into microbrick hell/heaven depending on your perspective.

even better if there's a way to set up a microbrick or brick "budget", but that can probably be done via script/addons rather than be native to the game. that way if you want to build anything substantial you have to use your bricks thoughtfully rather than just make a bunch of microbricks that forms exactly the shape you need.
Good idea, but to succeed, the default must be not allowing microbricks.

Good idea, but to succeed, the default must be not allowing microbricks.
that's stupid. yall need to grow up tbh

who cares about microbricks, go outside you loving nerds

i wish brickadia had mods

the obvious solution is let the server host set whether or not microbricks are allowed to be used on the server, so that freebuilds dont universally degenerate into microbrick hell/heaven depending on your perspective.

Ultimately the issue is meta because if you decide not to build with microbricks and then try to host your gamemode all the little monsters are gonna come to your server and be like WTF? Where are the awesome atombrick mesh objects? This server SUCKS and the build is BAD! and then leave to go play on a server with 4 hundred trillion bricks and maximum key-jingle detail

The "just don't use it" argument has existed since the discovery of fire, but has never worked in practice. You're going to incorporate microbricks and it will make the process of building less fun
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 03:59:58 PM by Crook »

its gotten to the point where people dont even build with normal bricks anymore. it kinda sucks. makes every build lose all of its lego charm. i dont feel like a cool lego guy roaming a lego landscape anymore i feel like im spectating someone use hammer editor

at least with blockland people had to actually use normal bricks along with vertical plates. and when done right it looked pretty good.

Ultimately the issue is meta because if you decide not to build with microbricks and then try to host your gamemode all the little monsters are gonna come to your server and be like WTF? Where are the awesome atombrick mesh objects? This server SUCKS and the build is BAD! and then leave to go play on a server with 4 hundred trillion bricks and maximum key-jingle detail

The "just don't use it" argument has existed since the discovery of fire, but has never worked in practice. You're going to incorporate microbricks and it will make the process of building less fun
i think this counterargument is an invalid one since the whole point of disallowing microbricks is to prevent people looking to make those kinds of builds from doing so on your server, and the outcome you're hypothesizing is that exact goal being achieved. if they dont build in anything but microbricks its unlikely that they would build much without them, and if they're not unreasonable they'll be fine (but grumbly) making do with normal bricks.

and in any case there needs to be a server-set brick size restriction due to near-unbounded size bricks being allowed, so trolls cant place gigantic bricks and take up all the building space near spawn on a public block-party-esque build server, so it makes sense to also allow microbricks to be controlled via the same method.

unfortunately the devs didnt have the foresight of putting this in prior to officially supporting microbricks, so the standard has shifted, but i think the establishment of both being standard can be achieved by putting this in prior to full beta/official launch

i think this counterargument is an invalid one since the whole point of disallowing microbricks is to prevent people looking to make those kinds of builds from doing so on your server, and the outcome you're hypothesizing is that exact goal being achieved. if they dont build in anything but microbricks its unlikely that they would build much without them, and if they're not unreasonable they'll be fine (but grumbly) making do with normal bricks.

Well the problem isn't that it's unenforceable, it's that if you want players on your server you have to appease them. If I cared that much about it I could just ban people who refused to stop using microbricks but then I would have nobody on my server, which would effectively be the same result as just turning off microbricks because they would just leave to go play on a server that does. What you say about reasonability is true but having infinite servers with any combination of preferences creates highly unreasonable players; my concern wasn't necessarily coming across a microbrick in the wild, but rather what microbricks will do to the building meta as a whole.

Though yeah it's absolutely too late now. You cannot remove microbricks without pissing off the userbase at large because we're already at the point of "building" dirhombidodecahedrons within the space of a 1x1 and everything in the brickadia gallery that's getting any attention is stuff made out of 4 million microbricks, so whatever

i cant wait to have my pc become sentient and strangle me to death for trying to load a 4 billion brick server on brickadia

i cant wait to have my pc become sentient and strangle me to death for trying to load a 4 billion brick server on brickadia
with events, whenever that happens