Anyone else feel alone?

Author Topic: Anyone else feel alone?  (Read 1235 times)

Just no matter what around friends and family just the majority of the time?

sounds like you need closer friends

i used to feel that way before i made my first real friend, and since then ive branched out to more people. i find that loneliness comes from being unable to share the emotional load of difficult times with others, so my definition of friends is someone id be willing to share serious personal problems with and be able to expect them to actually care and offer whatever support they reasonably can

oh I have a few very close friends I could talk to about anything and in the past have talked to about kind of out there stuff and problems and they listen and care.

but they can't help and nobody can understand you like you can if you even can understand yourself and so I feel alone because the only person that can help you is you, so it's just me and me in the world

It's not my friends fault it's mine, they're great friends and would love to help me, I am the only one solely responsible for myself.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 03:17:07 AM by Mardalf »

yea I feel like like I have to "prove" I'm not really ok half the time because it feels like people don't believe me, of course that's probably all in my head I know lol but whatever.

but they can't help and nobody can understand you like you can if you even can understand yourself and so I feel alone because the only person that can help you is you, so it's just me and me in the world

Have you felt like this all your life Mardalf?
If not, did someone die recently?
If not that, did you just have a existential crCIA? Ego death?

If none of the above good luck. I think everyone can relate to feeling alone. Even on a individual basis. But feeling alone the majority of the time sounds very sad. I understand feeling against all the odds for a extended period of time but not forever, and not alone.
You have a dog? Really any animal or being to care for that can express affection helps.
Are you religious? I understand many find it comforting for a omnipotent being to watch over them and guide them in their lives.

Good luck mardalf in your quest for meaning, or in the very least a connection you feel right with. If there was something more I could say to benefit you more I would. I hope you find what you are wanting for.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:47:10 AM by soldier101@ »

at least half my life, I've felt the way he's described
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:58:19 AM by Black and White »

oh I have a few very close friends I could talk to about anything and in the past have talked to about kind of out there stuff and problems and they listen and care.

It's not my friends fault it's mine, they're great friends and would love to help me, I am the only one solely responsible for myself.
sounds like you still need a friend you’re able to open up that deepest part of yourself to. unfortunately its not as simple as just finding them, but if you keep an open eye and push yourself to allow yourself to be vulnerable with people you deeply trust and respect, you may be able to make one.

i was extremely blessed by someone else essentially forcing me to confront those feelings, out of her genuine care for me, and so i never had to struggle to open myself up without someone helping me. i cant imagine how much more difficult it will be for you without that external force. therapy can seriously help with this too, as someone who has done it and shares similar “everything about me relies on myself” personal perspective

I have good friends and all that jazz, but the lack of a romantic relationship hurts my soul

but the lack of a romantic relationship hurts my soul
lmao. It only gets harder to establish one as you get older so you better get to work!

lmao. It only gets harder to establish one as you get older so you better get to work!
is it really that hard to shut the forget up

is it really that hard to shut the forget up
My apologies hulkhogan, was unaware it mattered to you.

My apologies hulkhogan, was unaware it mattered to you.
I'm sure you're drowning in puss with the amazing social abilities you continue to display

do I look like a loser to u