new stalker will have nfts

Author Topic: new stalker will have nfts  (Read 4203 times)

I had so much faith in the stalker series. WHY STALKER 2 WHY

Why are NFTs now starting to infect our video games

I fear for what our future holds with how much this garbage is spreading

I don't own or trade NFTs but can someone explain to me twitter's unconditional hatred for them? I think I saw something about the environment?

I don't own or trade NFTs but can someone explain to me twitter's unconditional hatred for them? I think I saw something about the environment?
the specific problem with nfts is that they are (even more of) a stupid grift. but all cryptocurrencies (which nfts require to operate) seeing broad adoption use a significant amount of power for a purpose that is thoroughly unnecessary, and therefore are bad for the environment, and also for electricity and gpu prices

they are basically tying a value to images and 3d models, which is the stupidest thing in the world because theyre just images and 3d models

People have been tying value to images and 3d models for a long time before NFTs though

People have been tying value to images and 3d models for a long time before NFTs though
not non fungible value

Yeah that's the point. You still haven't explained why tying a value to images and 3d models is the stupidest thing in the world

an nft is a link on a "blockchain" to an image. that's what you're paying for. do you understand now

Yeah that's the point. I believe it links you to the digital "good" as the proprietor and to my understanding it can't be reproduced, spoofed, or impeached.

somewhere deep underground is some conspiracy-level of unspoken conglomerates that somehow spiked the popularity of NFTs. some tv show villain stuff. I wanna find out who they are and personally moisturize their forehead with a hollow point for kick-starting the most boring ass dystopian future we will ever witness.

gotta love 2021 gaming companies

I believe it links you to the digital "good" as the proprietor
it does not. it's literally a link to the image. the image itself is not even stored on the blockchain. if whatever company is hosting the image ever goes under (highly likely in this space lol), or simply decides to stop hosting the images, then you have an absolutely worthless little number
to my understanding it can't be reproduced, spoofed, or impeached.
that part, sure. that's the whole point of a blockchain. I can only imagine what value you suppose that has

I'm too old for this stuff. The buzzwords are killing me.