Author Topic: worries and thoughts  (Read 6197 times)

that i'll never find someone who i can love and love me in return.
This one used to be the case for me, but I basically just came to terms with that I'm going to be that weird uncle who never got married and has thousands of dollars worth of nerdy stuff at his house, because I don't have kids as a drain on my finances. I have a lot of issues, both mentally and physically, that would basically make me a burden on anyone I decided to get involved with, and that it's probably better for everyone if I stay single. For those thinking that I'm isolating myself, I'm not, I have a friend group that I love and care for very much, and they care about me in return, it just seems like romantic love isn't for me.
My main worry now is being a failure, and not being good enough, but I think everyone deals with that feeling in one fashion or another.

This one used to be the case for me, but I basically just came to terms with that I'm going to be that weird uncle who never got married and has thousands of dollars worth of nerdy stuff at his house, because I don't have kids as a drain on my finances. I have a lot of issues, both mentally and physically, that would basically make me a burden on anyone I decided to get involved with, and that it's probably better for everyone if I stay single. For those thinking that I'm isolating myself, I'm not, I have a friend group that I love and care for very much, and they care about me in return, it just seems like romantic love isn't for me.
My main worry now is being a failure, and not being good enough, but I think everyone deals with that feeling in one fashion or another.
This hurts to read

But only because i can relate to this feeling

This hurts to read

But only because i can relate to this feeling
I think a lot of people have a similar thought process. Love requires a lot of effort, time, dedication, and not a small amount of luck in finding the right person. Many folks are just tired of constantly putting themselves out there, only for it to result in wasted effort and hurt feelings. Some people are lucky enough to put themselves out there and find the right person, and then there's everyone else. The former people will constantly tell you to 'keep trying', but the average person only has so much emotional stamina before they find the prospect not worthy of anymore sacrifice.

The only thing I can tell anyone struggling with these feelings is to try to find fulfillment in platonic love, be there for your friends and family, and you'll find your heart was full all along.

I worry I will weaken to a point where I can no longer hunt ass to sustain myself.

that i'll be unable to focus on studying. it's been hard to focus recently
I went back to college last semester and I even though I made good grades (because it was all open notes) Im afraid to take another semester because I am incapable of sitting down and just studying. i maybe spent a total of 10 hours over the span of three months looking at my textbook. I don't feel like I learned anything in those three months.

my roommate plans on moving out of the US to denmark as early as mid-year and i have no replacement roommate for this two bedroom apartment so i'm probably gonna have to go apartment-hunting for a cheap one-bedroom. which i can't really afford to do because i had to buy a new car a couple months ago so my savings are a little skimpy atm

try to find fulfillment in platonic love, be there for your friends and family, and you'll find your heart was full all along.

This is the smartest thing I've ever seen posted on the BLF

time moves on.

my friends are going to become more and more distant as they find jobs and settle into lives. i am going to have to somehow find a way to become an adult in a world i do not wish to be prepared for. my parents are going to die one day. it seems impossible but it seemed impossible it would happen to my cat, and yet, here we are. life as i know it is rotting and at some point, maybe soon, it will collapse. i have no plan for this.

the world is burning in every way. every year a new facet of global warming sneaks its way into everyday life. the forest fires get closer. the mind of man is poisoned by the internet and it will only get worse. kids are being force-fed ai-generated content and alt-right propaganda as a surrogate for parenting and i cannot fathom what they will grow into. i used to think that we would overcome hatred and ignorance as the tetraethyllead-poisoned generation died, but i was wrong. they all just adapted to anonymous contrarian culture and are doing better than ever. everyone, everywhere is getting desperate and there is no solution. these are the good old days and they aren't even good.

how long will i stay so aromantic and aloveual? will i be able to bank off of it or am i going to squander the free time? what if no one cares about what i make? how would i have been if i did get that second arts degree? how would i have been if i stayed in contact with that person who handles intakes at a widely loved animation studio now? do other people lose this many chances? will i keep losing chances?

i worry that i have enough money after rent next week. i hate having to choose between food or alcohol, its a hard decision

Worried I'm finally going to get my associates degree and find out all the jobs I'm qualified for suck just as much as the  jobs I'm qualified for already.
Worried society is on it's way to collapse and I spent the last few years I have to prepare learning to program only for it to be useless in the post-apocalyptic agrarian society.
Generally worried that no matter what I do in the present the future is gonna suck ass anyway
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 06:09:10 PM by Dr.Block »

The world ending or society collapsing is completely out of your hands as an individual, it's not worth fretting over.

that i'll never find someone who i can love and love me in return.
big mood, i havent had a solid relationship ever since my long term one ended after loving me up so badly that i had to get therapy <3

how long will i stay so aromantic and aloveual?
How are those worries? Were you not ace before, and what makes you worried about no longer being ace?