what is everyone's job/career here

Author Topic: what is everyone's job/career here  (Read 3788 times)

now that us remaining few are (at least legally) adults, i'm wondering what your jobs are now. like how many of us are doing professional work and how many are working part time/in school/forever stuck as a walmart greeter. would like to think every 14 year old embarrassing themselves on this forum eventually became successful oligarchs but we all can't be winners i guess.

i work at a grocery store (at least thats what they think 😉)

i work at a grocery store (at least thats what they think 😉)
little do they know you're the CEO of the grocery chain

i am a successful oligarch of bakers

more honestly, currently work as a small cog in a big self driving car company.

web development babey. at a fintech startup. halfway between exciting and boring. but I get paid like a startup and the company is great so. overall pretty sick

neet because im scared to go to school or work when theres still covid

sometimes i help my boyfriend with furry research commissions and i get a cut of the money though

I'm a social media director of all things. I make "content" for corporations and I hate it.

I am going back to school for game design/animation, though.

substitute teacher. pay is decent and the hours are great. the only real downside is the lack of growth in this government job. think i want to move into office and clerical. specifically realty or something. any suggestions for a entry level dude to get into entry level clerical work?

I work for daddy gov fixing their broken stuff

i work part time at my university doing IT helpdesk stuff, honestly a pretty enjoyable job where i get to work with some cool people and its pretty flexible around my college schedule. plus when college isnt in session (summer break) i get a lot of hours and make some sweet cash that i proceed to waste save

ups. some days it can be really fast paced and lots of heavy lifting but it's a good workout. the pay and benefits are also pretty decent

physically at uni, mentally a neet

right now I work as a programmer. I used to have a slightly fancier job title but that got changed that not long after I started. I do automation for mail processing, which was absolutely not where I thought I'd end up in my early 20s but tbh this job kinda fell into my lap

i work part time at my university doing IT helpdesk stuff, honestly a pretty enjoyable job where i get to work with some cool people and its pretty flexible around my college schedule. plus when college isnt in session (summer break) i get a lot of hours and make some sweet cash that i proceed to waste save
so you like...work at the college you attend...to pay for the college you attend? props for working for an education and all but wouldn't it be more mindful to go for an apprenticeship or something? they actually pay you to learn
not where I thought I'd end up in my early 20s but tbh this job kinda fell into my lap
crazy how that happens, lol. hey as long as you don't absolutely hate your job and the people you work with, and it pays well, might as well stick with it even if it wasn't quite what you had in mind :)

so you like...work at the college you attend...to pay for the college you attend? props for working for an education and all but wouldn't it be more mindful to go for an apprenticeship or something? they actually pay you to learn
its not a work study, i get actual paychecks that i often use on various things unrelated to college. i also have a good amount of scholarships and other financial aid so im not paying that much semester to semester. also a matter of convenience because i dont have to drive to separate locations / its easier to work around my classes
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 09:11:25 AM by Mr Queeba »