The Prophecy Is Completed

Author Topic: The Prophecy Is Completed  (Read 5571 times)

i don't understand the gun hobby, like genuinely. could someone kindly explain it to me? collecting stuff is cool, little machines are cool, but is that all there is to it? obviously you can shoot le gun but i get the feeling that the novelty would wear out after a little while.
tons of people collect stuff, i just prefer these over plastic figurines. and most of what i have share the same basic action modern bolt guns use, for all it's worth i could be mister bubba deer slayer showing off his hunting rifles. besides that, i have no interest in generic civilian model AR number 7000. i collect surplus, which is both accessible history and history that i'm comfortable hoarding moreso than actual artifacts, and even then, i only collect what's interesting to me, what pertains to me (my home country's history), and what's personal to me (what my father and grandfather's would've used). plus with how expensive ammo is now shooting these is almost a second thought over just having the rifle itself. not like i'd pay for a deactivated firearm though, that's a paperweight.

it's not like it's my only hobby.  if i weren't collecting these, i'd probably be collecting various foreign instruments. i mean i still want to do that, but instruments are expensive, and i don't really have the time to learn a bunch of them.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 08:30:17 AM by Epicduke »

i don't understand the gun hobby, like genuinely. could someone kindly explain it to me? collecting stuff is cool, little machines are cool, but is that all there is to it? obviously you can shoot le gun but i get the feeling that the novelty would wear out after a little while.
So I can dare the government into trying to take it from me. On that note, here's a picture of me with my self-built and unmarked Glock 17 from around a year ago.

Based Glock Maker, personally not a fan of them myself.
Striker fired no matter the brand just feel like stuff compared to all my hammers, except the DAO.
Maybe I'll get a glock someday and do some ricer stuff to it, and a matching AR15.

so you can play csgo rl

and political instability, maybe

Based Glock Maker, personally not a fan of them myself.
Striker fired no matter the brand just feel like stuff compared to all my hammers, except the DAO.
Maybe I'll get a glock someday and do some ricer stuff to it, and a matching AR15.
Glock triggers in general are just awful, I can’t stand them. However there’s some decent striker triggers like the CZ P10C and some good P320 triggers. They’ll never be as good as a 1911 trigger but sometimes you don’t want the best, minimal take up trigger for your defensive handgun.

I got fed up with how horrible my Glock trigger was so I spent upwards of $300 on the best possible trigger ever and behold it is still one of the worst triggers on any modern handgun. They’re so bad that it tires my finger out after a few mags at the range. They’re so bad that trying to fight against the weight will make me change my point of aim. Like have a red dot on the gun, and keep squeezing the trigger to the wall right before it breaks. You can see just how bad the dot will move around with you trying to fight the heavy ass weight. God damn forget you Gaston Glock for such a great gun paired with the worst trigger ever.

Too true, I still wish I had gone with a different option when I was building a gun. I'm just saving now for a decent hunting rifle.

When it comes to building handguns. Unless you've got actual presses and stuff you're really stuck with Glocks. There aren't many 3D handgun frames public rn so that out of the question.
I think DefCAD? One of those guys made a HiPower frame and there some 92FS ones in the works.
I'd love to build some revolvers cause you can find the parts kits but they're hard to put together at home, need presses and stuff for some of them.

You can get cheapo Harbor Freight presses for a hundred bucks or so

So I can dare the government into trying to take it from me
the us government takes 'over my dead body' very seriously

jokes aside the people in this thread have enough firearms combined to arm a small militia. have any of you considered forming an insurgency in a war-torn country? a few trained organized soldiers behind those guns and you'd have a pretty lucrative cartel going on. a few ambushes on military checkpoints and some leaflets here and there and CIA would have to start worrying about you.

remember: good terrain can turn an army of 10 into 1000.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 04:35:37 AM by PhantOS »

jokes aside the people in this thread have enough firearms combined to arm a small militia. have any of you considered forming an insurgency in a war-torn country? a few trained organized soldiers behind those guns and you'd have a pretty lucrative cartel going on. a few ambushes on military checkpoints and some leaflets here and there and CIA would have to start worrying about you.

we would need to do something cool though like make cocaine n stuff.

You can get cheapo Harbor Freight presses for a hundred bucks or so
Tap and die and a press will take you pretty far, but that's still out of the realm of some "gunsmiths"

man.. this is just like fire emblem