went from making 35k/yr to over 140,000 lmao

Author Topic: went from making 35k/yr to over 140,000 lmao  (Read 2385 times)

rags to riches. big ups. I'm going to buy a flock of geese

idk why I made this post. I guess I'm just excited

what did you do to make this happen

better lock your doors....

what did you do to make this happen
Furry research, it's the only logical explanation

I went from 40k to 140k in approximately 1 year. I had a stupid job that paid 40k, and the job itself also sucked, but then I got a software dev job for 56k. I did that for about a year. then another software company hit me up randomly last december and their offer was considerably better at 140k sooooooooooo that's where I work now. it's nice

I suck richard for money :)

I play with stuff for money, at least until I start college in august

I went from 40k to 140k in approximately 1 year. I had a stupid job that paid 40k, and the job itself also sucked, but then I got a software dev job for 56k. I did that for about a year. then another software company hit me up randomly last december and their offer was considerably better at 140k sooooooooooo that's where I work now. it's nice
Congrats, I envy you lol!

I'm currently making like 38k a year max, barely getting by on bills and such. Currently searching for a new job, had a promising interview with a place that pays 60-80k a year and that's more than enough for me to live happily, unfortunately haven't heard back though.

Ever had an interview where everything is smooth sailing and goes perfect, but ya still don't hear back/get a job offer or follow-up? It'd be one thing if they expressed disinterest at the end of the interview in a respectful and professional manner like you know a "Hey we aren't sure you'd make a good candidate" or whatever, but for it to end on a good note and just not hear back at all? It's like a girl asking you to be her boyfriend (or the opposite or something other for whichever way you swing) and then ghosting you the second your date ends on that romantic high note. stuff is real disheartening.

What kind of "job"
I literally had to sign a classified/unclassified information thing. Not sure if I can talk about it much, not that I want to anyway. It's not that top secret or crazy but its just CAD work.

I'm currently making like 38k a year max, barely getting by on bills and such. Currently searching for a new job, had a promising interview with a place that pays 60-80k a year and that's more than enough for me to live happily, unfortunately haven't heard back though.
how long ago was the interview? I'd suggest following up, just send them an email to ask for an update. they may have picked someone else, in which case you at least get some closure, but following up like that can sometimes make the difference between choosing you or another similar candidate
Ever had an interview where everything is smooth sailing and goes perfect, but ya still don't hear back/get a job offer or follow-up? It'd be one thing if they expressed disinterest at the end of the interview in a respectful and professional manner like you know a "Hey we aren't sure you'd make a good candidate" or whatever, but for it to end on a good note and just not hear back at all? It's like a girl asking you to be her boyfriend (or the opposite or something other for whichever way you swing) and then ghosting you the second your date ends on that romantic high note. stuff is real disheartening.
it's pretty common. it usually means they thought you'd be a good fit, but some other candidate just barely had the advantage. it's rude to not send a rejection notice, but that is also practically standard practice....... so you get what you get, I guess. don't give up tho. job hunting sucks, but eventually something will work out. good luck