Plastiware was arrested for child research

Author Topic: Plastiware was arrested for child research  (Read 36115 times)

several things seem off about the OP:

#1: mugshot looks vaguely similar to plastiware, but the one with his glasses on looks like a deepfake
#2: afterschool special wasn't made by plastiware or anyone with the perp's name, its from 1998 and plastiware would've been between 10-14 around that time, too young to be producing for a royalty free soundtrack from the 90s. he could've made a rendition of it that ended up in blockland.

everything about this thread seems off, it has huge celau vibes. plastiware's been off for years and that could correlate with an arrest but there's really no evidence unless someone knows plastiware's real name and can confirm.

did some more research, the keywords "Reid 'Plastiware' VanBemmel" show up a lot. someone attributed it to the creator of chatters the squirrel. also:

https://www.smwgames.com/game/21773-super-mario-world-pinkie-pie-edition-
Super Mario World - Pinkie Pie Edition! (V1) by Reid 'Plastiware' VanBemmel (gaben) [2011-12-08] (SMW Hack)

not definitive evidence, but considering the name and location, this thread seems to be true.

if you click on the facebook link and scroll a bit, there are a few posts that contain the name Plastiware. plus, you can just look his name in the registry and you'll see the glasses pic. it's definitely him

the real question: when he changes his identity and releases video games and content under a different name, will anyone be able to tell its him by the art style? child enthusiast or not, plastiware is somewhat of a talented content creator and it's likely he'll always have work. maybe not under his full name or the 'plastiware' username, but certainly something else

#2: afterschool special wasn't made by plastiware or anyone with the perp's name, its from 1998 and plastiware would've been between 10-14 around that time, too young to be producing for a royalty free soundtrack from the 90s. he could've made a rendition of it that ended up in blockland.

my friend, thats a screenshot from vgmusic, a video game midi site. he made a midi rendition of after school special and posted it on the forums back in 2014, he later reuploaded the same file (with the same name) on vgmusic the same year.

heres the link to the vgmusic page: https://www.vgmusic.com/file/0431dfd1f85c01c7cc107d9b809a703c.html

my friend, thats a screenshot from vgmusic, a video game midi site. he made a midi rendition of after school special and posted it on the forums back in 2014, he later reuploaded the same file (with the same name) on vgmusic the same year.

heres the link to the vgmusic page: https://www.vgmusic.com/file/0431dfd1f85c01c7cc107d9b809a703c.html
i see. thank you for clarifying

i use that banjo avatar

-snip-
this brother in a thread defending child molesters AGAIN?

the glasses one is a free public domain listing of the colorado love offender registry if you care to search it up. it wasnt linked because his address is there

Don't know how much proof anecdotal evidence is but I commissioned him to make some chiptune music some years ago and he had me credit it under the name Reid VanBemmel.

this brother in a thread defending child molesters AGAIN?
the state of colorado finds him guilty of owning child research. i can't even defend him if i wanted to. i wanted to confirm we're all talking about the same person and not going on a witch hunt. as it turns out, we are talking about plastiware

I was skeptical at first too, especially since the news article was posted in early 2020 and some people said that they swore that they saw Plastiware being active in some places early 2021, but everything provided in the OP is definitive proof that Reid is indeed the same person as the Plastiware we all knew, so maybe those people were just mistaken or something

It's just really unfortunate because he did make some notable contributions to this community here and there, like the infamous "w" meme, and making the first 'BLF Chronology' thread

RIP (rot in prison) :panda:

I was skeptical at first too, especially since the news article was posted in early 2020 and some people said that they swore that they saw Plastiware being active in some places early 2021, but everything provided in the OP is definitive proof that Reid is indeed the same person as the Plastiware we all knew, so maybe those people were just mistaken or something
Actually, yeah, on this note, and just to point it out; The article in the OP was posted in February 2020, yet Plastiware made these two posts in May of 2020, so did he only get a 3 month sentence? Or did he somehow gain access to his files to be able to post that second thread despite being stuck serving out his sentence? I'm a little confused as to how he did that, unless it is just a case of the former

Actually, yeah, on this note, and just to point it out; The article in the OP was posted in February 2020, yet Plastiware made these two posts in May of 2020, so did he only get a 3 month sentence? Or did he somehow gain access to his files to be able to post that second thread despite being stuck serving out his sentence? I'm a little confused as to how he did that, unless it is just a case of the former
the article reported on his arrest, he probably got out on bond until he was convicted (which i'd guess was may 28th, as that's the last time the article was updated)