discord sux

Author Topic: discord sux  (Read 2811 times)

discord kinda sucks because of the interface but once you get used to it it's extremely helpful for screen sharing or communicating with friends, way better than skype or tinychat and that stuff we had back in the day. It could definitely use some improvements and their "free nitro" scam they try to pull every few months can get annoying so just ignore it if you don't deem it useful

i literally cannot ignore it i would need to drop literally all of my projects as of right now in order to do dat

i literally cannot ignore it i would need to drop literally all of my projects as of right now in order to do dat
If you have a lot of time invested into your own discord server or others I can understand the hesitation to move to a new platform, but if you really hate discord so much may I remind you that it is a program that can be literally uninstalled from your device and never used again? It's also a website you never have to browse unless you choose to do so. I'm not denying that discord has it's issues I'm just wondering why if you dislike it so much, why even use it? My apologies if I'm sounding like an ass, just trying to make sense of it is all

by removing discord i literally lose access to every project that i have to use discord in order to be in, and forfeit a lot of effort i've put into things. for my Own, personal projects i have to use discord in order to communicate with the vast majority of users and communicate with the vast majority of people who contribute to them, because forums are very much not preferable anymore to the average joe. i've tried.

aside from THAT, i lose access to the less connected parts of friend groups i'm in or have met on discord entirely. i use these friend groups to get feedback on things, or for general discussions on things i can't really talk about anywhere else.
aside from even THAT, i lose access to a bunch of irls i'm not friends with or don't have close contact with anymore. i lose access to everyone i don't talk to regularly through whatsapp, basically, such as random coworkers, people who attend my school, stuff like that.

your suggestion is to stop using the app entirely right now, which would be equal to erasing all of my presence, personal projects connections and contributions i've made within the past several years online. the issue isn't what the app provides, it's the things around what it provides which i explained in OP and the messages shortly after.
the only way i can really avoid this is if everyone moved to a platform like discord but without the major glaring issues, which doesn't seem to be likely to happen any time soon. if it was that easy i literally just would have deleted the app and not said anything about it. cmon man.

ya yer right, I see your point

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 08:20:08 AM by Goth77 »

Pretty sure every community on the internet ever has had these problems. What community of reasonable size are you (OP) apart of that hasn't?

Also I'm guessing discord didn't kill forums, Facebook did. Now it's more prevalent that you can just talk with your real life friends and family people probably prefer to do that. Most people don't like to waste their time reading about internet people doing internet things.

Edit: also you could be the "weirdo" lmao you literally searched my name on the brickadia server to try find something to make fun of me with.

There isn't a thing that you mentioned that's wrong with discord that doesn't directly apply to this forum beyond the fact you can't just make new accounts now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:18:20 AM by Soukuw »

discord replacing forums has been super regrettable, because discord servers are basically just an IRC, and if you don't spend a ton of time in there people won't really know who you are. whereas on a forum, there is more of a sense of history and identity

for talking to people you already know it's a great service though.

discord replacing forums has been super regrettable, because discord servers are basically just an IRC, and if you don't spend a ton of time in there people won't really know who you are. whereas on a forum, there is more of a sense of history and identity

Something pretty concerning to me is what's going to happen to all the support, tutorials, hosted files, ect. that is currently stored on assorted discords across the internet. A decade from now there might be a pretty sizeable void in information from this time period as discords fade away with all of the information stored in them

[img ]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/648633617232166937/1011369935567597678/unknown.png[/img]
Why take a screenshot without the whole quote I was responding to? Getting so butthurt you can't even respond to my post and just straight go off-topic jesus.

Something pretty concerning to me is what's going to happen to all the support, tutorials, hosted files, ect. that is currently stored on assorted discords across the internet. A decade from now there might be a pretty sizeable void in information from this time period as discords fade away with all of the information stored in them
what's going to happen is it's going to be gone. and it'll be everyone's fault for using discord to that end

i honestly can’t believe that people actually pay for nitro