Poll

Archive or wipe

Archive
36 (55.4%)
Wiped
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 12:46:41 PM

Author Topic: What would be better, forum archive or a complete erasure  (Read 5721 times)

what would you feel most comfortable with, the forums living on in full archives of their contents, or a complete wipe of everything on them with no real trace left?
(not that this matters, everything is saved on someones hard drive somewhere)

We should archive the funny/interesting stuff and get rid of the rest.

I'd like a complete archive, just so I can keep a copy on an external, and browse through it when I get bored. This place is pretty much my childhood at this point.

I'd like a wipe, the amount of cringe stuff I posted is too much.

wanting it removed is kind of cowardly. you gotta own your past behavior

erase everyone's posts but mine.

It would be nice if at the very least you could dump the stuff you said before you turned 18. I always found it kinda pathetic how little responsibility Badspot took in maintaining the privacy of little kids.

wiping it would be funnier

I want all my cringe childhood posts and dramas to be front-and-center before you even open the archive.

Archive this stuff. Just so once in a while we can glance back at our past.

it would be better to wipe this place and forget the blf ever existed

i recognize a lot of names in this thread but i wouldnt erase anything from here, it shows how we've all grown up together sorta like neighborhood kids and this is an awesome time capsule even if it is potentially cringey

im surprised how many people want it wiped based on the poll. for one thing you're basically anonymous here if you want to be. and i like to be able to look back on posts i have with years-old dates and be like "yea i was there... back in the good old days..."

I always found it kinda pathetic how little responsibility Badspot took in maintaining the privacy of little kids.
for real the dude marketed it as a lego game for kids but did absolutely nothing when it came to actually protecting those kids. rarely would post and when he did everyone would gawk in amazement. just a petty adult who would just fan the flames if it had to involve him