what changes as you grow older?

Author Topic: what changes as you grow older?  (Read 4041 times)

a pretty open ended question but the question popped in my mind this week and i can’t shake it out. i’m 20 years old. i figured this was a good place to ask as much of the demographic on here is 5-10 years older than me. has your perspective changed from your younger self? (probably yes lol). have you come to any realizations that just comes with your age?

My richard got bigger and my sense of humor matured.

physically: digestion

i've noticed my metabolism isn't quite what is used to be , dirty 30 on it's way maybe i'll have a mid life crCIA

mentally: mental fortitude, responsibility level, and appreciation for things I might not otherwise have

life beats you down but you gotta get back up and try again, OR YOU'RE WEAK! NEVER GIVE UP!

My richard got bigger and my sense of humor matured.
yeah your sense of humor totally matured my guy  :cookieMonster:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 08:43:43 AM by Goth77 »

I became openly hostile to people I don't like and dependent on amphetamines.

literally everything. taste in music, what you watch, the things you eat, the things you find visually pleasing. but most importantly mentally. you change how you see other people, how you see yourself. what you look forward to in life, what you look forward to in other people. you change pretty much all around. none of these changes will click instantly but you definitely will just on a random day realize you have changed. your perception on the world will grow and as a result, it changes.

i may not speak for everyone here but as a result of this change (which is caused by your mind literally growing), your sense of child-like wonder kind of vanishes with it. i dont play video games nearly as much as i used to. if i do its 100% of the time a game i already played a long time ago. its like trying to chase that familiar child-like wonder again that you felt as a kid or a teenager because you cant get it naturally anymore. it started happening around your age too. so yeah, expect that to happen :P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 05:28:28 PM by Trogtor »

i may not speak for everyone here but as a result of this change (which is caused by your mind literally growing), your sense of child-like wonder kind of vanishes with it.
also the solution to this? take drugs. 👍

I am the most important person in the world

is something that has NEVER changed in my lifetime

I have mellowed out a lot and I don't get mad like I used to about stupid stuff. mostly because being mad about stupid stuff doesn't really help anything. if you're gonna let yourself get mad about stuff it needs to mean something, like healthcare and labor rights. but like getting mad about someone talking stuff about xyz video game is just a waste of energy that you can direct towards things that matter to you (including the simple act of giving love and attention to people you care about which is perhaps the most valuable endeavor of all)

I became an alcoholic
Haha same and now I have to work out and run constantly or else I'll turn back to the bottle.

literally everything. taste in music, what you watch, the things you eat, the things you find visually pleasing. but most importantly mentally. you change how you see other people, how you see yourself. what you look forward to in life, what you look forward to in other people. you change pretty much all around. none of these changes will click instantly but you definitely will just on a random day realize you have changed. your perception on the world will grow and as a result, it changes.

i may not speak for everyone here but as a result of this change (which is caused by your mind literally growing), your sense of child-like wonder kind of vanishes with it. i dont play video games nearly as much as i used to. if i do its 100% of the time a game i already played a long time ago. its like trying to chase that familiar child-like wonder again that you felt as a kid or a teenager because you cant get it naturally anymore. it started happening around your age too. so yeah, expect that to happen :P
Very well said Trog, totally agreed. I used to watch a boatload of anime but now I find myself watching movies and show series more often. Recently I've been going back and re-watching old movies that I used to have on VHS or remembered seeing on TV as a kid because my memory of them a little fuzzy but I remembered it being a good movie. I still like anime it just has to be something good otherwise I won't waste my time. I still enjoy playing video games too but I'm usually always playing them with someone else - if I am playing a game alone it's like u said usually an old game I already beat in the past just appreciating the nostalgia. I remember my pops telling me as I was growing up "son eventually you're whole outlook on life is going to change" and I thought he was full of stuff at the time, but it turns out he was totally right.

I have mellowed out a lot and I don't get mad like I used to about stupid stuff. mostly because being mad about stupid stuff doesn't really help anything. if you're gonna let yourself get mad about stuff it needs to mean something, like healthcare and labor rights. but like getting mad about someone talking stuff about xyz video game is just a waste of energy that you can direct towards things that matter to you (including the simple act of giving love and attention to people you care about which is perhaps the most valuable endeavor of all)
for sure, being angry about meaningless stuff is wasted energy that could otherwise be spent doing something positive

slowly losing contact with old friends, growing more distant as you all become more and more different...
My richard got bigger and
i became that brother

after graduating high school and becoming adult age last year (both of which happened on the same day lol) i got my act together and started college/work, set up my financial stuff, got a drivers license and a car, etc. getting older sucks in the sense that it feels like i have a lot less time to do the stuff i enjoy so i often have to pick and choose what i want to do and put off things until some indeterminate time, however the upside is having an income lets me be more independent and work on a lot of projects and other hobby stuff that ive never been able to do in the past
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 06:37:38 PM by Mr Queeba »