Chervorzk development - RELEASED!!1

Poll

Do you miss the feature terrains and interiors?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Chervorzk development - RELEASED!!1  (Read 1871 times)

Hey all,

This is a repost of the older topic, since it was too old to edit or post something in the previous topic. There have been some people that tried to make maps similar to this one, made by bricks. Shortly before the shadows and shader update was introduced in 2012, there was someone that tried to remake the Chernarus map from the game DayZ. But the lag spikes made him quit the project.

However, since June I have been developing this map named Chervorzk and it turns out pretty awesome already. Notice how the interiors and terrain create a perfect match with each other. There is also enough spaces for farm fields, little forests, power masts, two smaller villages, a military base with airfield, etc. There will be people out there asking me why I would make a map for a game that is slowly fading away into history. The question is simple. This map will be made for Age of Time, Blockland 0002 and Blockland retail (older versions). Chervorzk is currently being developed on Blockland Classic Mod.

I will keep this topic regularly updated now and hopefully Chervorzk can change the course of Blockland's future to bring back interiors and maps in a separate Blockland client.

Click on the image for the video(s)

DOWNLOAD
Anyone is free to use the map assets to make a similar map in a different environment or something. Have fun all.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 03:08:49 PM by Antares »

Maybe Badspot will do something with this game, but given the fact that we're on borrowed time doesn't make me feel any better.

kino. just such a huge shame that practically nobody will play on it :panda:

kino. just such a huge shame that practically nobody will play on it :panda:
Quote from: Topic intro
This map will be made for Age of Time, Blockland 0002 and Blockland retail (older versions)

New video to show off the finished map in all its beauty. Tomorrow it will be released for the standalone mod, Blockland Classic Mod. I am curious to see how much of the lighting color I can get correctly in the Blockland Vanilla game since it has different sun values then the later TGE versions had. I hope that everyone likes the DayZ vibes in this video. I tried to recreate as much as possible of the DayZ skies and vibes.

Edit: oh wait, the sun direction feature was different compared to the newer Torque Game Engines.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 08:20:31 PM by Antares »

Any chance of a snow version? Can't wait lad.

Any chance of a snow version? Can't wait lad.

I even made a winter version of the trees and bushes around the entire map, but here is the snow version. Ice cold and eerie vibes.

100% going to make an ARMA server.

Where is it bub  :iceCream:
I am currently porting it to Return To Blockland 1.045 - there's also a version for Age of Time v3, which I will keep for myself on the private server.

In Blockland Vanilla / Return To Blockland 1.045 there is a small problem with rendering shadows inside the buildings, but it wont really bother the players. For a very old engine version of Torque, this map still looks impressive.

Screenshot from Blockland retail. I cannot edit the map there, so someone has to correct the terrain textures for me. Map works well and everything aligns with the brick grid.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 09:40:41 PM by Antares »

I like the textures in retail... looks very moody!

I like the textures in retail... looks very moody!
You should check it out now, its released.